"Public Enemies"

Started by Kamdan, Tue, 30 Jun 2009, 20:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Who's ready for this? I AM!

If it has anything close to the gun battles that are in "HEAT," then heck yes I am ready!!!!  Michael Mann is a rock star to me!

Yep, loking forward to it - should be a great charismatic performance from Depp.

Seems to be by far the best of the "big" movies of the year so far, great entertainment for adults like Heat and Collateral  ;D

("Hero" Christian Bale chasing "villain" Johnny Depp in Chicago. Coincidence...)

Tue, 14 Jul 2009, 13:58 #4 Last Edit: Fri, 18 Feb 2011, 02:05 by THE BAT-MAN
I just recently watched "Public Enemies" in the theatres, starring Johnny Depp as John Dilinger and all I can say is that it is the best picture I have seen for 2009.  This film truly captured the era of the 1930's and the true story of America's number 1 public enemy, the notorious bank robber John Dilinger.   Everything about this picture was beautiful from the sets, to the costume design, to the action,  the music,  the acting and even to the story.  I believe it is one of the best gangster film's of our time.  The action in this film is superb, it has in my opinion the best tommy gun fights I have ever seen on screen or in cinema.  If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest that you do so immediately, trust me you won't be wasting your money or your time.  If your not convinced of my recommendation then maybe this will convince you.  It's 100 times better than The Dark Knight and Christian Bale actually gives a better performance then his Bruce Wayne/Batman character.  So, get your ticket and see it now. 

Have to see it one of these days

I was really looking forward to it since it had Johnny Depp, Stephen Dorff, Giovanni Ribisi  and a few other actor i like in it. But Bale ruined it for me, Same with T4.

The only thing I didn't really care for was the more modernistic(i.e. Shaky) camera work. Bale's accent took some getting used to, but other than that I thought the cast was good. Depp can make any period clothing look weird.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?