Bale loses it on T4 set

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 2 Feb 2009, 23:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 4 Feb 2009, 21:33 #50 Last Edit: Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 10:21 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Wed,  4 Feb  2009, 07:40
Wow, this thing's going bigger than I thought it would.

Good. :) That ought to bring some fanboys back down to earth reguarding Bale/the Nolan films.

I doubt those fanboys are actually going to turn against Bale. They're douchebags like him. I mean, they curse just like him & even send death threats.

Overall, the video is hilarious. Barbara Streisand's appearance was so random!  :D :D :D

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Wed,  4 Feb  2009, 21:33
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Wed,  4 Feb  2009, 07:40
Wow, this thing's going bigger than I thought it would.

Good. :) That ought to bring some fanboys back down to earth reguarding Bale/the Nolan films.

I doubt those fanboys are actually going turn against Bale. They're douchebags like him. I mean, they curse just like him & even send death threats.

Overall, the video is hilarious. Barbara Streisand's appearance was so random!  :D :D :D
Ahaha, it's so true. They're all holding on to the "He just had a bad day" excuse. Come on!! The guy is just a typical ******* plain and simple. This was just an exhibition of his real personality, full of **** and a mindset that he's somehow above everyone else. Thank god we have Keaton, who is one of the most down-to-earth actors I've ever seen.
Sam Kinison is my God.

Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 01:51 #52 Last Edit: Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 04:29 by batass4880
Quote from: phantom stranger on Wed,  4 Feb  2009, 13:05
QuoteAs for his superior attitude, re: the Burton films...

I don't want to start a fight, but has Bale ever slammed the Burton films? I've just never heard him do such a thing. I know he's said things to the effect of "Our film has nothing to do with the other films" but that's a statement of fact, not opinion. And even if he prefers his films to Burton's (which he obviously does), so what? He's entitled to his opinion and that's a reasonable one.

If he had been cast as Robin in Batman Forever (which he apparently tried out for) I bet he would've said that Batman Forever was the best Batman movie ever. That's just the way things are in Hollywood.

I remember when Hugh Jackman said he thought X-Men 3 was the best X-men movie yet. Well, I think that was a lie. Or at least I hope so. But it's not like he could've said, "I think X3 is good but not as good as the last one."  That's not a quote that would look good in Entertainment Weekly, now is it?

I always go after people who bash the Burton films but only if they say something disrespectful or factually inaccurate. Mere preference is fine with me.

He never personally slammed Tim Burton?s films, at least I've never heard him do that. He just comes off as very cocky to me when talking about his (Bale's) films. Like a pea-brain weightlifter flexing his muscles, strutting around and saying "Oh yeah! Look at me, I'm the best!?

One thing I heard him say that I took some offense to was that the previous series was too focused on style and special effects and not on story. While I find that somewhat true regarding the third and definitely the forth one, I still hear that as an ?ours are better? statement, especially from him. I read in between the lines in both his attitude and statements. At least when Tim Burton and Michael Keaton were asked about the new movies they were respectful and found something positive to say about them. Even Christopher Nolan had some nice things to say about '89.

You're absolutely right though, he's entitled to his own opinion.

Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 02:16 #53 Last Edit: Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 02:19 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: batass4880 on Thu,  5 Feb  2009, 01:51
He never slammed Tim Burton?s films himself personally, at least I've never heard him do that. He just comes off very cocky to me when talking about his (Bale's) films. Like a pea-brain weightlifter flexing his muscles, strutting around and saying "Oh yeah! Look at me, I'm the best!?

Yes, he?s entitled to his opinion, but I heard him say that the previous series was too focused on style and special effects and not story. While I find that somewhat true regarding the third and definitely the forth one, I still hear that as an ?ours are better? statement. I read in between the lines in both his attitude and statements.

At least when Tim Burton and Michael Keaton were asked about the new movies they were respectful and found something positive to say about them.

He made a real idiot of himself when he said that the Burton films didn't have a great story. Moron. :D

The Dark Knight is over 2 hrs., but you'd think w/ all of that time that characters would be developed, which was the goal that Nolan stated. What a load of BS. This film & Begins are loaded w/ pretentious dialogue, forgettable music, cliched characters, half-cooked plots, a very unnecessary filming location, etc.  :P

Bale needs to get his head out of his arse & smell the creativeness that is BATMAN & Batman Returns. He also had the nerve to say that he wanted to make his Bruce/Batman better than Keaton's. He must have a problem b/c he's lying to himself. ::) :P

I'm not going into the quantity of the guy's posts but I have no problem with the sentiment.  A lot of pro-Nolan forums are nowhere near as ecumenical as you seem to be.  Is this necessarily the right thread to criticize, say, Nolan's dialogue?  Perhaps not but it seems like you're jumping down the guy's throat for something that is the bread and butter of just about every pro-Nolan forum out there.

Hahahah. Stupidest thread ever.

Carry on...