Stan Winston Has Died!

Started by Joker81, Mon, 16 Jun 2008, 20:48

Previous topic - Next topic
Just read Stan Winston has died, dont know how yet, but they think it may have been cancer!

Stan worked on Batman Returns, as well as Terminator, T2, Aliens, Predador, Edward Sissorhands

yeah, i read that over on IMDB.

such a great loss, he was always forthcoming and enthuisatic in all his interviews - seemed like a great guy.

he has left a great legacy through his work.

I will be posting an article (as part of the Returns FX series) this week with Winston talking about the Penguin's make-up.

cool, I have a book on his work and theres a chapter on it

They should have done 1 more terminator film after T2 set in the future during the war with Michael Biehn and let it go after that.

A great loss. He was only 62. I'm sure he wouldn't have retired for another 10 years giving us some more amazing make-up/ animatronics. R.I.P. Stan Winston

Tue, 17 Jun 2008, 22:34 #5 Last Edit: Tue, 17 Jun 2008, 23:22 by raleagh
This new article is part 5 in the Batman Returns FX series and was due to be posted this week.  Stan Winston and his team talk about keeping the look of The Penguin true to Burton's design and how Stan drew on his past experiences to do it.

Read it here: http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/articles.php?showarticle=41

Quote from: raleagh on Tue, 17 Jun  2008, 07:46
They should have done 1 more terminator film after T2 set in the future during the war with Michael Biehn and let it go after that.
I always found the concept of a full on machine war quite boring actually. The flashforwards were enough for me.

T1 and T2 were great. The franchise had not lost much pride with T3, but they will most likely throw it all away with this nonesense and the sequels. I don't know why Bale signed on for three of these things. It could turn very sour after just one of them. I hope he doesn't sacrifice his turn as Batman for this nonsense.