#BvS SPOILER THREAD

Started by Paul (ral), Tue, 15 Mar 2016, 16:51

Previous topic - Next topic
It'd be interesting if they made all the recruitments difficult, challenging the mortal Batman and showing his problem solving skills. For example, The Flash can be located, but he may not want to stay for a chat. Developing a way to capture or incapacitate the guy, ala Endgame, could be an option. But this doesn't have to be dark and mean, because the two don't have a grudge against each other. It's merely to stop this roadrunner long enough to tell him what's going on, and that he's needed.

Yea recruiting the Flash opens up the options for the "lighter" moments Snyder promised lol.

We might get a homage to the TV show. Bat Rubber Cement!

So, even though we know Superman will be coming back from the dead, where does this leave Clark Kent? He was reported dead in the Daily Planet, and his death was acknowledged and commiserated back in Smallville. Will we see Clark take on different aliases as we saw in the beginning of MOS?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It will be interesting to see how/if the whole Clark Kent being dead thing is resolved. I would expect upon his return, one of the first things, if not first thing he will do, or want to do, is to return back to Lois, so I think that the notion of going thru different odd jobs and aliases like in the beginning of MOS would be a problem since it's apparent that Lois is his world, his love, and thus a high priority to always be near in case she's ever in jeopardy.

The Clark Kent ID question kinda goes along with what's going on with the New52 comics where that Lois actually outed the New52Superman as being Clark Kent. Not sure how that's going to be resolved, and I'm not a big New52 fan to begin with, but perhaps the upcoming DC REBIRTH will address it ...

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 24 Apr  2016, 06:50
The Clark Kent ID question kinda goes along with what's going on with the New52 comics where that Lois actually outed the New52Superman as being Clark Kent.

I've heard about Lois exposing Clark's identity a few months ago. That's pretty lame, but I realise that this Lois doesn't have a romantic interest in Superman like in other continuity. But I could be wrong, I don't read New 52 comics after all.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I think the public Clark Kent persona is dead, and we'll only get Superman from now on.

Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 24 Apr  2016, 15:36
I think the public Clark Kent persona is dead, and we'll only get Superman from now on.

This is what I think. I wonder how they'll approach it in the future and reconcile that with his relationship with Lois. I hope they aren't lazy with it. Could be very dangerous for her though.

Sun, 3 Jul 2016, 13:48 #157 Last Edit: Sun, 3 Jul 2016, 13:53 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 24 Apr  2016, 22:57
Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 24 Apr  2016, 15:36

This is what I think. I wonder how they'll approach it in the future and reconcile that with his relationship with Lois. I hope they aren't lazy with it. Could be very dangerous for her though.
Here's a thought. Clark comes back from the dead and confirms to the people who attended the private Smallville funeral that he is Superman. I think Perry White, Pete Ross, and the pastor, basically know already anyway - they're shown to attend the private funeral in the UC. The Daily Planet then just write another article saying Clark was presumed dead but has since been located, albeit injured. Something like that would work, I think.

I know this may sound odd, but I've had a theory about Superman coming back, and I haven't shared it with anybody online, but I might as well see what you think. It's kinda out there, but I swear, it sticks out to me, and kinda makes sense for some reason:

I think the ring that Lois got at the end has something to do with Clark/Superman coming back to life. Maybe he made a ring out of something Kryptonian? I dunno, but when Lois gets the ring, the camera kinda stays on it, showing its significance. Then when she grabs the dirt, the camera stays on the ring again, and it's the dirt that she was just touching that starts to lift. Maybe that's why The Flash said she's the key?

I know it's pretty stupid and out there, but it was something I've thought of.

Not stupid. Throwing ideas around like this usually generates healthy discussion. I could possibly see the ring coming into play, if it contained a piece of technology of some sort. Kind of like that S key used in Man of Steel. It could be the reverse of Superman giving Batman the kryptonite ring. He gives Lois a ring in the event something dire happens, but never had the chance to explain the procedure.