Possible Heart of Ice reference

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 18 Feb 2016, 11:59

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sat, 20 Feb  2016, 01:14Yep, that's why I said most. In fact, Schumacher had the most faithful villain origins out of any of the other directors.
Apart from Bane.  :-X
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Bane still hasn't been done to my liking in live action. Arkham Origins is actually my favourite version outside of Knightfall. I'd love to see Snyder's version of Bane, considering the way Batfleck fights.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 20 Feb  2016, 01:58
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sat, 20 Feb  2016, 01:14Yep, that's why I said most. In fact, Schumacher had the most faithful villain origins out of any of the other directors.
Apart from Bane.  :-X
I'd say Riddler was the biggest exception, actually, and that's mainly 'cause he didn't have much of an origin in the comics. He was just a guy who wanted to prove he was smarter than everyone else. Things like his Wayne Tech background, Stickley's murder, and the public not knowing that Nygma & Riddler were one and the same were all created for the movie.

Schumacher's Bane, on the other hand, might not have been a child who grew up in prison or had the intellect of his comic counterpart, but he was still basically a prisoner who got experimented on with Venom. In just judging his origin, it wasn't that far off. Ironically, the closest that the Batman films have gotten to Bane's origin...was what they gave to Talia.   ???
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Sat, 20 Feb 2016, 03:51 #13 Last Edit: Sat, 20 Feb 2016, 03:58 by JokerMeThis
QuoteIt's perhaps the only real poignant moment for Freeze in this movie.

I actually think it's much more moving and touching when Mr. Freeze finds out his wife is still alive after he thinks Poison Ivy killed her. His sense of relief and feeling the rush of love for his wife and gratitude to Batman and his friends almost makes me want to cry. And then when Batman asks him to save Alfred and he does.

This isn't a great movie but I think it's better than people say it is.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 20 Feb  2016, 03:07
Bane still hasn't been done to my liking in live action. Arkham Origins is actually my favourite version outside of Knightfall. I'd love to see Snyder's version of Bane, considering the way Batfleck fights.

Yes! For the better part of this (grossly underrated) game Bane and his mercenaries are depicted exactly as they should; the hotel fight was very enjoyable. Too bad they had to spoil it for the finale with that Venom overdose (they needed a superboss, and also fit with the cartoonishly oversized Bane that appears later in Asylum).

AO Bane discovered Bruce's identity himself, broke into the bat cave and left Alfred for dead. AO Bane was also his own man (no Talia partnerships here) and put The Joker in his place. And obviously he's really strong, doesn't have a bad voice and still has the military influence with rocket launchers and helicopters.

The overdose at the end isn't really my thing, but WB Montreal didn't really have a choice. The die was cast in terms of what Bane had to become in the Rocksteady series. And for what it's worth, they explained it away rather well considering.

^ Yes, yes.

As for most adaptations, why do they keep turning him into dumb muscle or, at the least worst, a deformed henchman like in Rises? Is it the mask? I hope there's room for a definitive take of Bane in the new Batman movies.