Footlight Frenzy

Started by BTTFSpencer, Thu, 25 Apr 2013, 11:06

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteMaybe they just rereleased the film for the 25th anniversary.
That or Footlight Frenzy holds the world record for taking 25 years to get released in theaters  ;D
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Geez, I love the overall look of the '89 movie.

It is unbelievable.
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

I watched Batman 89 again last night, and the Waynes definitely saw Footlight Frenzy. Both Thomas and Martha can be seen carrying programmes with the Footlight Frenzy poster on the cover as they leave the theatre.

This has to be one of the best pieces of ammunition for people who want to disassociate Burton's films from Schumacher's. The Burton Waynes went to see Footlight Frenzy, the Schumacher Waynes went to see Zorro. That would indicate they existed in two separate universes.

Unless... it was a double bill?

That, or Schumacher and company simply decided upon some cinematic retconning! Something of which DC Comics was doing in print on a large scale in 1994 (coincidentally the same year Forever was in production) with their Zero Hour event.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun,  5 May  2013, 11:23
I watched Batman 89 again last night, and the Waynes definitely saw Footlight Frenzy. Both Thomas and Martha can be seen carrying programmes with the Footlight Frenzy poster on the cover as they leave the theatre.

This has to be one of the best pieces of ammunition for people who want to disassociate Burton's films from Schumacher's. The Burton Waynes went to see Footlight Frenzy, the Schumacher Waynes went to see Zorro. That would indicate they existed in two separate universes.

Unless... it was a double bill?
But didn't both scenes take place in Bruce's memory?  How can we be sure he saw Footlight Frenzy or Zorro?  Admittedly, you'd think he'd remember every detail about the night in which his parents were killed in front of him.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I don't recall anything in Batman Forever that indicates what the Waynes saw that night at the theater. Certainly not in the flashback, which is more dreamlike and surreal and than even Burton's take. The only other possible place is when you glimpse Thomas' writing in the journal in the deleted scene, but I'm almost positive that the only line of his writing you glimpse says nothing about Zorro, only about "Bruce's movie will have to wait until next week..." or something.

So, nothing to contradict the family going to see "Footlight Frenzy."
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Silver's referring to the deleted scene, where Bruce reads, "Martha and I have our hearts set on Zorro..."

@2:29
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

A'ha. I've been owned!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton