Next Batman Film Could be Historic

Started by phantom stranger, Thu, 18 Jun 2009, 04:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Since we're on the subject, I love the crap out of Rocky III.  We see Rocky III at the top of his game... and then we see him get knocked off his pedestal because the easy life had gotten to him.  He'd forgotten what it was to be a lean, hungry boxer who was fighting for his life.  He suffered personal and professional loss, and then he had to pull himself up by his boot straps to reclaim not only the title, but his self-respect.  Sure, Apollo threw him a lifeline and there's most certainly a debt of gratitude there but the victory was Rocky's.

I haven't seen Rocky Balboa but of the main/original/initial/whatever franchise, Rocky III is without a doubt the most underrated.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 07:26
Since we're on the subject, I love the crap out of Rocky III.  We see Rocky III at the top of his game... and then we see him get knocked off his pedestal because the easy life had gotten to him.  He'd forgotten what it was to be a lean, hungry boxer who was fighting for his life.  He suffered personal and professional loss, and then he had to pull himself up by his boot straps to reclaim not only the title, but his self-respect.  Sure, Apollo threw him a lifeline and there's most certainly a debt of gratitude there but the victory was Rocky's.

I haven't seen Rocky Balboa but of the main/original/initial/whatever franchise, Rocky III is without a doubt the most underrated.

I agree colorsblend.  That's the one where Rocky fights Mr T and gets trained by Apollo, right?  Yeah, I enjoy that one alot.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Mr T:"I pity the fool!"  ;D

Rocky III is one of my favorite Stallone flicks  :)

Quote from: Sandman on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 01:26
Rocky 2 is better :P

Rocky 2 is ok, but I prefer Apollo more as a hero than a nemesis (after all it's Carl Weathers!).  Plus Rocky 3 was the first of the films to feature Eye of the Tiger, one of the truly great 80s power ballads  :D.  We'd always play that tune to get revved up at fight classes.  Nothing can beat the first film though.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 01:53
Quote from: Sandman on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 01:26
Rocky 2 is better :P

Rocky 2 is ok, but I prefer Apollo more as a hero than a nemesis (after all it's Carl Weathers!).  Plus Rocky 3 was the first of the films to feature Eye of the Tiger, one of the truly great 80s power ballads  :D.  We'd always play that tune to get revved up at fight classes.  Nothing can beat the first film though.

Ah very true.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 02:19
Rocky IV is the best of 'em all!

Ahhh.......NO!   ::)