More Riddler rumors?

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 11 Jun 2010, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Sat, 12 Jun 2010, 00:22 #1 Last Edit: Sat, 12 Jun 2010, 00:33 by phantom stranger
No offense to my friends across the pond, but if it's a British paper you can pretty much rule out the Batman rumor. Granted, the other rumors (Cher, Shia as Robin,etc.) haven't been disproven yet but they will be soon.

As for Levitt, haven't seen him in anything since 3rd Rock from the Sun. If that's a current picture, I'd say he still looks way too young to play Riddler. 

I know Ledger blew everyone away, but if this little Levitt is cast as The Riddler, I'll be let down big time. Frankly, there are plenty of actors who could really sink their teeth into this role. Michael Emerson, Robin Williams, David Tennant - the list goes on.

If someone is the obvious choice, they are so for a reason. I never really undertood that 'criticism'. I mean, look at Nicholson. He was the obvious choice for The Joker, and they cast him. Then people say he merely played himself. Well, isn't that the whole point? The man is purpose built for the role, and he hardly has to act.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 12 Jun  2010, 01:26
I know Ledger blew everyone away, but if this little Levitt is cast as The Riddler, I'll be let down big time. Frankly, there are plenty of actors who could really sink their teeth into this role. Michael Emerson, Robin Williams, David Tennant - the list goes on.

If someone is the obvious choice, they are so for a reason. I never really undertood that 'criticism'. I mean, look at Nicholson. He was the obvious choice for The Joker, and they cast him. Then people say he merely played himself. Well, isn't that the whole point? The man is purpose built for the role, and he hardly has to act.

Exactly.  It annoys me when filmmakers cast an unlikely choice just for the sake of being 'different'.  Having stated that I must admit that it wouldn't be the first time I've heard Levitt's name be associated with The Riddler.  On the other hand, like you I would prefer to see David Tennant or Michael Emerson in the part.  Kevin Spacey might have been a good choice before Superman Returns...
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

David Letterman would be good.

Although he kind of played the role before:

Have Edward Nigma as a private investigator, much like he is now in the comics.

He's tracking down Batman, who has gone missing - with Catwoman now taking his place.

Nigma pushes the envelope and his methods are questionable, but he gets results.

He increasingly feels like he doesn't get enough credit or respect.

When Nigma uncovers information from Mr Reese about Batman's identity, either without his knowledge by hacking, or by a meeting, he pushes things further than expected.

If it's by a meeting, I explain things like this - Reese was cocky, silenced and by Batman 3, he's bitter. And once he serves his purpose, he goes missing.

To lure Batman back out, things become personal and the game is on.

He hires folks like Deadshot and David Cain to do his dirty work, killing police from Dent's old case files, making it look like Dent is doing it. When of course, he is dead.

Riddles are placed on the bodies.