Release date announced

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 30 Apr 2010, 20:32

Previous topic - Next topic
From SuperHeroHype

Warner Bros. Pictures has set a July 20, 2012 release date for Christopher Nolan's third Batman movie in conventional and IMAX theaters! That is a little over two weeks after Sony Pictures is releasing their Spider-Man reboot on July 3, 2012.

Too long to wait for Baleman III, not long enough for a turgid Spidey redo. >:(
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: ral on Fri, 30 Apr  2010, 20:32
From SuperHeroHype

Warner Bros. Pictures has set a July 20, 2012 release date for Christopher Nolan's third Batman movie in conventional and IMAX theaters! That is a little over two weeks after Sony Pictures is releasing their Spider-Man reboot on July 3, 2012.

Awesome.  A Batman and Spiderman film released in the same summer.  Who do you think will come out on top?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Good this is official.

Batman will win. Damn that Spider-Man reboot. Damn it to the Narrows.

Great.  Works for me.  A new Batman film.  The 20th Anniversary of Batman Returns.  And the world is supposed to end.  What more could a person ask for?!?!?!

At least we can all die happy!

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 30 Apr  2010, 23:33
Awesome.  A Batman and Spiderman film released in the same summer.  Who do you think will come out on top?

For Spidey, alot is going to depend on if audiences are going to take to the new actor, and this Ultimate Spider-Man route, as they were with Tobey and Raimi's obvious love for the Lee/Ditko era.

Nolan's Batman has already proven to be a successful take on the character, and after 2008's The Dark Knight, it's going to have ALOT of anticipation. I would certainly think more so than a Spider-Man reboot that's possibly jumping the shark a bit in many fans eyes.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

i didn't see any of the tobey maguire spiderman movies so i don't think i'll be too interested in this one either. lol. but i have to see the next batman. unless nolan kills him. which would be bullsh*t. lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat,  1 May  2010, 22:16
i didn't see any of the tobey maguire spiderman movies so i don't think i'll be too interested in this one either. lol. but i have to see the next batman. unless nolan kills him. which would be bullsh*t. lol.

I recommend you see the Spiderman films, especially the first two.  They're really good.

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't have a problem with Nolan killing off Batman - after all, it's meant to be the last film in a trilogy.  Better to wipe the slate clean and start anew after the next movie IMO.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.