TDK sequel script written?

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 11 Feb 2010, 11:59

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 12 Mar  2010, 23:07
Batman dying (fake or real, comics or movie) is retarded.

yes it is!

Sat, 13 Mar 2010, 02:24 #31 Last Edit: Sat, 13 Mar 2010, 02:30 by The Dark Knight
At the most, have his death implied but hint that he survived. Much like how the Joker 'dies' often. On one side, the street scum is jumping for joy, but on the other they are still nervous and uncertain.

The myth of Batman lives on, almost certain to return one day.

You could even put in a final scene much like Batman Returns, where we see Catwoman's shadow.

I think it would work.

If Batman is flat out dead and the body is on show, Gotham is lost forever and the villains win.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 13 Mar  2010, 02:24
At the most, have his death implied but hint that he survived. Much like how the Joker 'dies' often. On one side, the street scum is jumping for joy, but on the other they are still nervous and uncertain.

You could even put in a final scene much like Batman Returns, where we see Catwoman's shadow.

I think it would work.

If Batman is flat out dead and the body is on show, Gotham is lost forever and the villains win.

Great suggestion Dark Knight.  That could actually work.  Certainly a better argument than 'Batman dying is retarded'... ::)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 13 Mar  2010, 02:46
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 13 Mar  2010, 02:24

I think it would work.

Great suggestion Dark Knight.  That could actually work.  Certainly a better argument than 'Batman dying is retarded'... ::)

bite me. it is retarded. its like tdk said, if they kill batman and everyone knows he's dead, the villains win and gotham goes down the sh*tter for good.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 13 Mar  2010, 02:46Great suggestion Dark Knight.  That could actually work.  Certainly a better argument than 'Batman dying is retarded'... ::)
You're bagging on me for distilling everything TDK said into four words?

Batman dying is retarded.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 13 Mar  2010, 09:39
You're bagging on me for distilling everything TDK said into four words?

Batman dying is retarded.

No, not really.  I just appreciate the fact that Dark Knight elaborated on why Batman dying on film would be a bad idea, and came up with a reasonably neat scenario that I could actually imagine Nolan and co using.  Besides, even you stated that were Batman to die in Nolan's third film that would bring some finality to his series, and therefore allow another director to usher in their own take on the character without feeling beholden to what came before.

That doesn't make it any less idiotic.  It simply opens the door for the anthology franchise I've been dreaming about since forever.

A bad idea is a bad idea, irrespective of whatever good it unintentionally brings about.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 13 Mar  2010, 20:35
That doesn't make it any less idiotic.  It simply opens the door for the anthology franchise I've been dreaming about since forever.

A bad idea is a bad idea, irrespective of whatever good it unintentionally brings about.

Well, maybe that makes me an idiot then (please don't comment, especially you Catwoman ;)), but I don't think it's the worst idea in the world within the context of Nolan's series, which I appreciate you don't like Colors.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 13 Mar  2010, 21:25Well, maybe that makes me an idiot then (please don't comment, especially you Catwoman ;)), but I don't think it's the worst idea in the world within the context of Nolan's series, which I appreciate you don't like Colors.

:-X