TDK sequel script written?

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 11 Feb 2010, 11:59

Previous topic - Next topic
as long as they don't kill him off. you can't kill batman! as the rogues gallery has proven since 1939! lol.

oh and if there's catwoman, no killing her off either. they can kill anyone else though.  :P

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 11 Mar  2010, 17:07
as long as they don't kill him off. you can't kill batman! as the rogues gallery has proven since 1939! lol.

oh and if there's catwoman, no killing her off either. they can kill anyone else though.  :P

If it's the last instalment in a trilogy, does it genuinely matter whether Batman is killed off, especially if it serves the story?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 11 Mar  2010, 17:22
Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 11 Mar  2010, 17:07

If it's the last instalment in a trilogy, does it genuinely matter whether Batman is killed off, especially if it serves the story?

yes it matters. and don't ask why. it just does.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 11 Mar  2010, 06:56Though if he does do this, we will be free of his continuity constraints and his series will be tied off. It will be its own thing. I take it this will be his last, and he is the one to finish it off. I wouldn't want Batman dying, but having him faking his death ala TDKR would work.

In an unrelated seires, the next director could then be able to do something more in line with the fantastical side of the comics. And re-casting a Joker would not be a big deal at all. And so on.
Hmm.  Y'know, you raise a good point.  Probably the first good point you've had in years.

If Batman dies at the end of Batman Concludes, that does finish his continuity off, and opens the door for a more stylized type of Batman franchise.  I'd love to see something in the style of the Sin City movie.  You'd want to move in a direction completely away from Nolan's approach and something like that would be the way to do it.

what if they said the hell with movies for a little while and brought back a live action tv show, only one that was seriouser than the 60s one. kind of the same tone as the cartoon.

and yes i totally just said seriouser.

I'm going to revisit this.  Irrespective of whether or not Nolan whacks Batman at the end Batman Concludes (and seriously, I wouldn't put it past him), I am happy that he's going to finish what he started with the first one.  Is it "my Batman"?  Hell no.  But it's good for comics movies overall that this is happening.

Nolan leading a Superman reboot?  Not so much.  At least so far.  But that's a different thread.

re: TV.  I'd be kind of interested in a Batman show.  Comics are episodic by nature, particularly lately with all this hysteria around writing for the trades.  I'd argue that TV is a much better format to showcase comics adaptations than a full length film just because of the similarities between comics and TV.  My only qualm might be production value... but even there, hell, I've watched Smallville all these years.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 12 Mar  2010, 05:15
Hmm.  Y'know, you raise a good point.  Probably the first good point you've had in years.
?!

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 12 Mar  2010, 08:49
I'm going to revisit this.  Irrespective of whether or not Nolan whacks Batman at the end Batman Concludes (and seriously, I wouldn't put it past him), I am happy that he's going to finish what he started with the first one.  Is it "my Batman"?  Hell no.  But it's good for comics movies overall that this is happening.
Absolutely.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 12 Mar  2010, 09:54
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 12 Mar  2010, 05:15
Hmm.  Y'know, you raise a good point.  Probably the first good point you've had in years.
?!
There was supposed to be a smiley at the end of that.  Dunno why it didn't appear...

i still say you can't kill batman. i like the bruce faking his death thing better than that.

Fri, 12 Mar 2010, 23:07 #29 Last Edit: Sat, 13 Mar 2010, 00:33 by johnnygobbs
Batman dying (fake or real, comics or movie) is retarded.