Will the Snyder cut appear on HBO Max?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 7 Feb 2020, 10:52

Previous topic - Next topic
I think the "series of movies" means the 4 part installments with how it'll be released on HBO Max....but who knows?

While Joe Manganiello was evasive to give an answer over whether or not he'll join the additional photography for ZSJL, he revealed (perhaps unsurprisingly) that the Deathstroke scene was altered once Affleck's Batman film was canceled. In other words, the project was already scrapped during the reshoots.

Forgive me for using the video below with its interrupted commentary, but I didn't want to source the clickbait outlets that would spin this story.

Judging by the internal sabotage that was going on, I strongly doubt the producers envisioned any future with JL without a complete reboot. Knowing what we know now, I'm hard-pressed to believe it was a deliberate effort to write off the franchise.

Now that the director's vision is getting restored, it's curious to know that the Deathstroke scene will also be restored as it was intended. I wonder why they'd do that if there are no real plans to continue the Snyderverse after the Snyder cut? Hmmm.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

This is brilliant!

It's makes me want to play Justice League: Task Force on a SNES emulator.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri, 16 Oct  2020, 23:09
This is brilliant!

It's makes me want to play Justice League: Task Force on a SNES emulator.

Yeah, I have to agree with this... A tear was shed by the kid who used to play these carts (they also used some Batman Forever, The Adventures of Batman & Robin and Death and Return of Superman in there). But JL:TF... just isn't very good, either on SNES or MD.

JL: Task Force isn't very good, I agree. The game is even worse on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis. The only good thing about that port is Darkseid's digitised voice at the start of the game.

THR has released an exclusive: not only is additional photography underway, Jared Leto is returning as the Joker too!  :o

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jared-leto-to-play-joker-in-zack-snyders-justice-league-exclusive

Surely this must increase the chances of David Ayer's Suicide Squad coming out, right?

Ayer welcomes back Leto's Joker.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Hopefully Snyder actually uses him. Still not a fan of his look. Just ugly.

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 22 Oct  2020, 18:33
Hopefully Snyder actually uses him. Still not a fan of his look. Just ugly.
Unless there's a flashback of Batfleck punching Joker's teeth out, I think this content will be exclusively for the Knightmare. Which can provide Snyder the perfect opportunity to provide Leto with a different aesthetic, just as he did with Knightmare Batfleck. Evidence suggests Joker's presence in the Knightmare would be organic and not something out of the blue.

Given the overall visual aesthetic of Ayer's Suicide Squad, I was willing to roll with Leto's modern 'gangster' appearance. As he honestly doesn't look out of place compared to the other character's appearances in that film. However, with Leto getting a second opportunity at the Joker, and given the controversy on even just his overall look by itself, I would find it kinda humorous if Leto's reemergence as the Joker in Snyder's JL includes an overhaul in his appearance.

Of course context is king in how/where Leto makes his return in Snyder's JL, but if say his presence is added to the epilogue Legion of Doom scene, you could kinda make a joke about the whole 'gangster' look, with Leto's Joker making a offhand comment that he was going thru a 'gangster' phase (with the tats and teeth grillz), and is now in a different frame of mind (and thus, appearance). Which, would kinda evoke that whole 'Super Sanity' deal Grant Morrison introduced in explaining why the Joker's personality has shifted throughout his history (pre-Three Jokers explanation there).

Snyder being the gentleman that he is, wouldn't implement such a change if he thought it would piss Ayer off I'm sure. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that Ayer wouldn't give his blessing for such a change. Actually, it would honestly be in keeping with Leto's Joker personality too I believe. As what little we saw of him in the two cuts of Ayer's Suicide Squad that have been released, it seemed pretty evident that Leto's Joker more or less feeds more off of his immediate emotions, while exhibiting a distinct disinhibition. Rather than displaying any sort of measure of meticulous control.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 22 Oct  2020, 22:41Given the overall visual aesthetic of Ayer's Suicide Squad, I was willing to roll with Leto's modern 'gangster' appearance. As he honestly doesn't look out of place compared to the other character's appearances in that film. However, with Leto getting a second opportunity at the Joker, and given the controversy on even just his overall look by itself, I would find it kinda humorous if Leto's reemergence as the Joker in Snyder's JL includes an overhaul in his appearance.
I was repulsed by his aesthetic initially, but now I'm indifferent. The Ayer cut really needs to be released, and especially now his DCEU foothold is being strengthened with additional material in ZSJL. A one-off oddity can become something greater.

Leto does not deserve this poor man's Joker reputation because he was sabotaged by a ruthless editing bay. Love or hate the intent behind this version, let's see it all. Let him fly free and judge his performance properly. He'll probably never be a fan favorite akin to Nicholson, Ledger or Phoenix I'm confident his reputation would markedly improve.

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 22 Oct  2020, 22:41Of course context is king in how/where Leto makes his return in Snyder's JL, but if say his presence is added to the epilogue Legion of Doom scene, you could kinda make a joke about the whole 'gangster' look, with Leto's Joker making a offhand comment that he was going thru a 'gangster' phase (with the tats and teeth grillz), and is now in a different frame of mind (and thus, appearance). Which, would kinda evoke that whole 'Super Sanity' deal Grant Morrison introduced in explaining why the Joker's personality has shifted throughout his history (pre-Three Jokers explanation there).
If it's Knightmare stuff, does Snyder show Joker working with Batman in an unholy alliance (which I do believe happened and it would be insanely awesome to see), or does he continue the Knightmare forward by having Joker react to Batman's death at the hands of Superman? That alone would be fascinating to see. Is he happy or depressed? I'd be inclined to say the latter, because he didn't do the deed himself. I'd be okay with either scenario.