What else can they add??

Started by Joker81, Wed, 18 Mar 2009, 20:26

Previous topic - Next topic
As much as I'd like a 20th Anniversary of Batman on DVD with a lot more extras, the question on my mind is - what more can they do?

I thought the special edition of Batman was the biggest tribute to Batman WB has ever done. It was great. Even when I watch it now I cant believe how much effort was put into it. So why all the complaining on here? What else can they add?

I seen the BBC documentary on youtube, if anything I agree that should be on a new dvd, but what would you guys as fans like to see on it? (involving Batman 89 now)

PS New stuff would be good suggestions, not things we have already got and seen....

Wed, 18 Mar 2009, 20:28 #1 Last Edit: Wed, 18 Mar 2009, 20:42 by Dark Knight Detective
Well, for one thing, they could give us a proper font for the box's front.

They could include the news media of the time (whatever they can find) and deleted scenes. Not to mention the TV Spots and the teaser trailer.

An isolated Danny Elfman score, too.

But other than those things, there really isn't anything more they could give us, that's correct. But as for why the complaining? Simple. The 20th anniversary release they're giving us is a joke, this movie deserves a bigger effort.

So either give a proper celebratory release, or don't bother.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Wed, 18 Mar 2009, 20:40 #3 Last Edit: Wed, 16 Feb 2011, 00:23 by THE BAT-MAN
What else can they add?.........What else can they add?  I'll tell you what else they can add, they can add the 20/20 segment Batman's Back documentary, The BBC Batman Making of a Hero documentary, The Two Masks of the Caped Crusader documentary, A new documentary of Danny Elfman Scoring the movie and showing the orchestra playing some of the Batman pieces live as well as archival footage and any interviews with Shirely Walker's involvment.   New Trailers, tv spots, and any true deleted scenes.  New audio commentaries with Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, and Kim Basinger, a separate audio commentary with composer Danny Elfman and music only track option.  Keaton on David Letterman, and any archival footage having to do with Batman 1989 etc, etc, etc.......,  I mean, "Come on, this is the 20th Anniversary were talking about here."  "They have tons of archival stuff on this project."

'89:

- New commentary by Tim Burton and Sam Hamm or moderator.
- Danny Elfman score commentary with isolated score track.
- Diet Coke commercial
- New Michael Keaton interview.
- U.K. TV documentary with Anton Furst interview.
- TV ads.

Returns:

- New commentary by Tim Burton and Daniel Waters, Denise Di Novi or moderator.
- Danny Elfman score commentary with isolated score track.
- Diet Coke commercial
- TV ads.

Personally, I'd like a new commentary with the writers for both Burton films and if possible some of the actors.  I also imagine that Denise Di Novi would be able to add a lot to a commentary for Batman Returns, bearing in mind her contribution to the Heathers dvd commentary.
I'd like deleted scenes, or at least a picture gallery for the deleted scenes (at the very least an acknowledgment from the filmmakers that the completed films differ quite significantly in some circumstances from the shooting screenplays).  Most of all, I'd like contemporaneous interviews with the writers and actors - as much footage of interviews/ TV footage taken around the date the films were first released.  I'd also be happy for some footage of the film premieres which I know exist, bearing in mind the various pictures on the web and possibly even a small doc containing fans' recollections of the Batman '89 phenomonon.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed, 18 Mar  2009, 20:28
Well, for one thing, they could give us a proper font for the box's front.
Agreed. They could at least get that right, it's not hard.

I think a DiNovi + Hamm/Waters commentary would be good.  Ditto a cast commentary (Keaton/Nicholson/Basinger and Keaton/DeVito/Pfieffer).  Throw in a little bit more about the music and the pre-production of both films and I'd be satisfied.

Thu, 19 Mar 2009, 01:54 #8 Last Edit: Sat, 28 Mar 2009, 13:12 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: batass4880 on Wed, 18 Mar  2009, 20:45
'89:

Returns:

He would just be repeating himself. We'll just have to cherish what we have.

I agree with all the suggested bonus material, but I'd like to add one everyone so far missed to mention: Production Design Galleries!
Both BATMAN and Batman Returns had beautiful production design, which was never honored by releasing a book covering it all.
Either include galleries with the DVD or release a book, WB!

Other than that, a general on-set gallery would be nice.