Batman Returns DVD Re-release

Started by Joker81, Tue, 6 Jan 2009, 23:37

Previous topic - Next topic
I always wondered why Burtons commentary was not on the R2 DVD, and now I find out that the stupid BBFC cut it out!! Again proving the british treat us like children. Anyhow I just watched the aerosol can scene on youtube and its ridiculas they cut out a 2 second scene! Thus us losing a Tim Burton commentary!

But my question is this - I heard they are re-releasing the original Batman films on DVD in march again and I was wondering does anyone know if that scene will be reinstated with the Burton commentary just like the blue ray disc??

I didn't ask the BBFC that but I would say it's a safe bet it will be on the DVD.

Quote from: raleagh on Wed,  7 Jan  2009, 00:03
I didn't ask the BBFC that but I would say it's a safe bet it will be on the DVD.

I hope so, cant wait to hear that commentary!! Thanks Raleagh!!

Are the DVDs being re-released in the UK too? If so, very cool. I'll be re-buying Returns, and also buying B&R for the special features, as I didn't buy it the first time around. I wonder if the Returns cover will differ in any way to signify that it's the uncut version . . .
Even the greatest masterpiece has its flaws.

Quote from: DallyWhitty on Wed,  7 Jan  2009, 23:57
I wonder if the Returns cover will differ in any way to signify that it's the uncut version . . .
I wouldn't think so.