Favourite Batmobile Scene

Started by Seantastic, Sat, 10 Sep 2011, 14:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Simple really, whats your favourite Batmobile scene

Heres mines;

Seriously, if Keaton's driving, its safe to say lives will be lost.

For me it has to be "Assault on Axis Chemicals"

The Batmissile sequence!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat, 10 Sep  2011, 18:08
The Batmissile sequence!

I was thinking of that too...love Keaton's "that's funny, alright now I'm a little worried" when the switch doesn't work. Love the music there.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Sat, 10 Sep  2011, 20:57
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat, 10 Sep  2011, 18:08
The Batmissile sequence!

I was thinking of that too...love Keaton's "that's funny, alright now I'm a little worried" when the switch doesn't work. Love the music there.
I like all of the Burton Batmobile scenes. The 89 moments are all full of magic and iconic power. But indeed, the Batmissile sequence is my favourite because there's quite a bit going on other than driving. Batman is taken off guard. He's not in control, and he is desperate to regain control. His reputation is being defaced by the car wrecks he is leaving behind. Yet he remains cool headed enough to tape the abuse directed at him. And finally, the narrow alley escape brings it all to a head, because the outcome is not guaranteed for either the audience (upon first watch) or Batman himself.

Any of the batmobile scenes in returns really. That film more than any other used the Batmobile as a weapon. Nolan films are great and all but his batmobile doesn't hold a candle or Burtons.

*Batman walks out in front of the Batmobile*

Batman: "Stop."

*Batmobile comes to a screeching halt*

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Mon, 19 Dec  2011, 19:30

*Batman walks out in front of the Batmobile*

Batman: "Stop."

*Batmobile comes to a screeching halt*

Just saw that scene today. I rewatched part of batman 89 and it definitely had the best batmobile scenes; its final scene of bombing the thug palace (on its own without Batman in it).

Burton has had great fun with that classic batmobile, but believe it or not I might go with the Batmobile driving towards the batcave in Batman '89. There is just something majestic, powerful, deadly, dangerous and mysterious about this black bullet streaking towards its base. I know it didin't involve an action sequence or chase etc., but there is something quite extraordinary about this scene that I'm sure lives in every bat-fan's memory.