What's the appeal of the 60's show?

Started by Dark Knight Detective, Mon, 2 Feb 2009, 04:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Sat,  7 Nov  2009, 14:00
fox owned the show. wb owns the characters. they hate each other. soooooo...yea. lol.

Ahhhhh.  LOL. Thanks for clearing that up. Man... knowing how Fox is and WB, guess we may never get to see 60's Batman on DVD.  :(
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Unfortunately, it's a EXTREMELY long road ahead before any sort of release of the Adam West series will see the light of day.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-Watchmen-Batman-Deal-Reported/10573

I got lucky enough a few years ago in being able to 'obtain' the entire series on DVD which were thankfully the uncut episodes (thanks Canada!) and not the edited for time versions that regularly aired on FX, and TV Land here in the states.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Sun, 8 Nov 2009, 05:05 #42 Last Edit: Sun, 8 Nov 2009, 05:09 by phantom stranger
Easily the number one requested DVD release of all time.

Not to sound morbid, but I would hate for the DVD release to be in a few decades when none of the stars are around to provide commentary, special features, etc.

On a related note, I wonder who owns the rights to the "Legends of the Superheroes" TV specials. West, Ward and Gorshin were in it too. I remember asking West about it and all he told me was that he always thought they were inferior. Maybe that's why it wasn't mentioned in his book. They were really campy but it would be nice to see those on DVD too just for nostalgic sake.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/entertainment/watch/v14073402nAyrqCTw

^ Now, Phantom Stranger that is a thought.. I think it would be better for them to prepare most of the supplemental material (commentaries, docs etc) as soon as possible, Adam West, Burt Ward etc. are surely more than happy to contribute, and let this whole stupid issue with the copyrights be done with in the future.

As for these specials, I have some VHS rips of them. Really silly and weird stuff, and not very watchable, but I love that they used the 60s cast members.