rip

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 24 Mar 2013, 13:43

Previous topic - Next topic
malachi throne who played false face died about 10 days ago from cancer :(

i loved his moll, blaze.

:( Aw i man i remember seeing that episode on the hub last year although it would have been better if the character was two-face i mean understand that the character was inspired by two-face mainly cause the censorship back then thought having two-face on the show would cause conplaints about him too scary or dark so i guess i can understand why they created false-face in his place...rest in peace malachi you will be missed :(
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

False Face was actually a villain from the comics. He first appeared in 'The Menace of False face' (Batman #113, February 1958) and was then adapted into the TV show.

It's sad news about Throne though. He was one of those actors who appeared in almost every TV show of the era. But I'll always remember him best from Batman and the episodes of Star Trek he did.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 25 Mar  2013, 18:36
False Face was actually a villain from the comics. He first appeared in 'The Menace of False face' (Batman #113, February 1958) and was then adapted into the TV show.

It's sad news about Throne though. He was one of those actors who appeared in almost every TV show of the era. But I'll always remember him best from Batman and the episodes of Star Trek he did.
Oh man i didn't know that cause all i heard was that he was inspire by two-face heck i even tried to look him up once but the only thing that back in the results was false face from the tv show that's it no comics or nothing but thanks for heads up silver :)
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

False Face was a very obscure villain who only appeared in one story (the aforementioned Batman #113), so it's understandable that most people assume he originated in the TV show. Later incarnations of the character, such as the one in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold animated series, have been modelled on the Malachi Throne version. Consequently the original comic character has largely been forgotten. Truth be told, he wasn't very interesting anyway. The TV version was much creepier.