When did you first saw this show?

Started by HarryCanyon, Sat, 29 Dec 2012, 05:03

Previous topic - Next topic

In early 89 on local syndicate TV then on Family Channel as it was in Bat-Mania year as i would tape every episode and i even had a crush on Batgirl and Catwoman mainly Julie Newmar's version but Lee Meriwether was still fine.

Yep. Family Channel back in 1989 was what I remember being the first time watching the Adam West Batman television show.

That was 'must-see-tv' right there.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 30 Dec  2012, 14:36Yep. Family Channel back in 1989 was what I remember being the first time watching the Adam West Batman television show.

That was 'must-see-tv' right there.
Ditto. Very ditto, in fact. I was exposed to B89, Adam West and The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told within in about six months of each other. From the start, Batman was never just one thing to me. I think that has helped me appreciate different approaches to Batman over the years.

Nowadays, the introduction for kids should be B89, the Adam West Batman movie, The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told, The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told, BB, some BTAS and some Brave & The Bold. The combination would offer a pretty balanced view of Batman, if you ask me.

Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 01:08 #3 Last Edit: Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 01:12 by SilentEnigma
Ashamed to admit: the 66 movie was the first time I ever saw something with Batman, sometime in '89 I think. I remember I thought it was less cool than Superman: The Movie (which I had also seen), Star Wars, the Disney cartoons, Looney Tunes, Thundercats, G.I. Joe, He-Man etc. It was B'89 that painted me Batman.

Saw the series in syndication in the late 70s/early 80s when I was pretty damn young.  :)

By 1989 I had read Miller, Crisis, B:YO, Batman: The Killing Joke, and the current run through the 80s.  Like others have said, Batman never meant only one thing.  :)  One of the things I love about the world of story is how it can be viewed through many lenses.

I first saw the series in reruns sometime in the 70's.
As a kid I felt that the intro being animated and the show not was like false advertising.  ::)
I watched too many cartoons, still do.

I was exposed to the show at the age of 2 when Fox started reairing the show in response to Tim's movie that year. I was insanely into it.

The 60s show exposed me to Batman. Tim's movie (when I saw it) the next year made me a fan for life. Fun fact: my mom says that since I was used to Adam West, Michael Keaton's Batman scared me silly the first time I saw him.  :P
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton