Batman: The Movie (1966) 45th Anniversary

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sat, 30 Jul 2011, 23:29

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm a few hours late with this, but Batman: The Movie debuted in US cinemas on July 30th 1966.

Since the other Batman movies get anniversary threads, I think it's only right this one should too.

So happy birthday to the first feature-length Batman movie!

I was watching this last week with ral jr and he loved it!

It's a brilliant, well made Batman movie. The perfect entry point for the younger Bat fan.

Happy 45th.

Love Batman: The Movie.

Remember watching it alot during the summer of 1995 when I FINALLY got a copy of it on good ol' VHS.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  1 Aug  2011, 09:18
It's a brilliant, well made Batman movie. The perfect entry point for the younger Bat fan.

Happy 45th.

The perfect entry point for a younger fan? Don't you think s/he might get the... wrong ideas? IMO B:TAS is the perfect entry point for younger batfans, it's "dark" enough and family friendly enough.

Still, I love this movie.

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Tue,  2 Aug  2011, 08:42
The perfect entry point for a younger fan? Don't you think s/he might get the... wrong ideas? IMO B:TAS is the perfect entry point for younger batfans, it's "dark" enough and family friendly enough.
Eh. Whatever floats your boat. At that age, I think kids just want to be entertained. It's not too scientific. If it's fun, they'll get on board. And the 66 film fits the bill.

B:TAS is superb, but I'm not sure if very young kids would appreciate it.

Batman '66 is the perfect introduction for kids Ral Jr's age because it gives them all the wacky villains and action scenes of a classic Batman story, minus the dark, disturbing elements that would freak them out. It's also good as an introductory film because it explains who all the characters are and is very easy to follow.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue,  2 Aug  2011, 12:57
B:TAS is superb, but I'm not sure if very young kids would appreciate it.

Batman '66 is the perfect introduction for kids Ral Jr's age because it gives them all the wacky villains and action scenes of a classic Batman story, minus the dark, disturbing elements that would freak them out. It's also good as an introductory film because it explains who all the characters are and is very easy to follow.
Thanks Nemesis. The cheque is in the mail.  ;)

Yes! Now I can afford a Hot Toys Batmobile! :D

"Your mileage may vary", they say, of course. :)