60's series released this year!

Started by Paul (ral), Sat, 19 Feb 2011, 01:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Wed,  8 Feb  2012, 23:13
They could be making so much money off this show.
Indeed. And when the rights are shared like they are, neither side are going to budge, because they don't want to miss out. But indeed, if it's ever going to be released, something has got to give.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Wed,  8 Feb  2012, 23:13
On the upside, I've heard rumours that Adam West and various other people connected to the show have been recording material in advance for when the series does eventually get released. I just hope Adam and Burt are still around when that day comes.
I find that pretty sad, really. Not that they're doing the material, that's brilliant. But it's that we probably won't see what they've done for another 10,20 30, 40, 50 (how long will this go on?) years after Adam and Burt leave us.

Over the past few months I've been watching remastered DVDs of the original Star Trek series and the restored picture quality is incredible. I'd love to see Batman get the same treatment, especially after years of watching bootlegged versions online.

My dream Adam West Batman DVD set would include:
•   Batman (1966-68) – all 3 seasons of the live action show, remastered
•   Batman: The Movie (1966) – the theatrical film, remastered
•   Batgirl (1967) – the unaired pilot episode, remastered
•   The New Adventures of Batman (1977-78) – all 16 episodes of the animated show
•   Legends of the Superheroes (1979) – both episodes of this awful live-action miniseries, for completion's sake

For extras, it would include:
•   Adam West and Burt Ward's original screen tests
•   Lyle Waggoner's screen test as the alternative Batman
•   The 1971 Equal Pay Act PSA with Burt Ward and Yvonne Craig
•   Holy Batmania (1989)
•   'The Gray Ghost' episode of Batman: TAS
•   The LEGO short Batman: New Times (2005)
•   Commentaries for individual episodes
•   Villain profiles
•   Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt (2003)
•   plus all the extras included on the current Batman: The Movie and New Adventures of Batman DVDs, and lots of new featurettes

I found this recording of a public appearance by Adam West, Burt Ward and Lee Meriwether that was taken in October last year. They talk about the DVD release at one point, and its obvious how wearied they are with the delays. They also briefly discuss Jack Nicholson's Joker in the second part.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 10 Feb  2012, 20:22

•   The New Adventures of Batman (1977-78) – all 16 episodes of the animated show
•   Legends of the Superheroes (1979) – both episodes of this awful live-action miniseries, for completion's sake

•   Holy Batmania (1989)
•   Villain profiles
•   plus all the extras included on the current Batman: The Movie and New Adventures of Batman DVDs, and lots of new featurettes

That's a great list! Personally, I'll settle for all the stuff that hasn't already been released.

For example, Legends of the Superheroes was recently released by the Warner Archive. It gets a lot of hate but it is the last appearance of our Dynamic Duo so I will never bash it.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 10 Feb  2012, 20:22
Over the past few months I've been watching remastered DVDs of the original Star Trek series and the restored picture quality is incredible. I'd love to see Batman get the same treatment, especially after years of watching bootlegged versions online.

•   Holy Batmania (1989)
•   Villain profiles

Well here's what's been released on DVD, VHS, and Blu-Ray so far. I'm sure they could maybe re-issue some of these things for a DVD release of the series.

Holy Batmania! (DVD)
Batman Holy Batmania!
Adam West: Behind The Cowl
Cesar Romero: In A Class By Himself
Julie Newmar: The Cat's Meow

Extras:
Batman Screen Tests, The 1966 Network Presentation, Network Promos for Season 1 1966, Season 2 1966-67, Season 3 1967-68, Syndication Promos from 1983 and1989, Batman: The Movie Theatrical Teasers and Trailers, 1989 TV Spots, Batmania Wrap Arounds, and Bat-Trivia

Holy Batmania 2 (VHS)
The unaired Bat-Girl Promo, staring Yvonne Craig, Adam West, and Burt Ward
Footage of Bob Kane discussing Batman's history at a convention
Discussion about the then upcoming Batman movie Batman Returns
ABC 7 Nights To Remember Promo with Adam West, Burt Ward, and Milton Berle
Interviews with some of the villains and crew members

Catwoman (DVD)
The Many Faces of Catwoman (Which includes a section on the Catwoman portrayals of Julie Newmar, Lee Meriweather, and Eartha Kitt)

Bat-Clips (DVD)
The unaired Bat-Girl Promo, staring Yvonne Craig, Adam West, and Burt Ward
The Equal Workers Rights Commercial staring Yvonne Craig and Burt Ward
Every Single Trailer from 1966 Batman Movie that was ever created by Fox Studios
Adam West appearance in costume at the Car Show.
Footage from after The Late Show Appearance. Basically after the show ended, the cameras kept rolling. There isn't much, just Adam and Burt posing with the Batmobile, and the rest of the cast leaving the sound stage.

Batman: The Movie Special Edition (DVD)
A Commentary Track by Adam West and Burt Ward
The Batmobile Revealed with George Barris
Batman 2001 Featurette
From the vaults of Adam West (still gallery)
Behind the scenes (still gallery)
Theatrical Trailer and Teaser Trailer
Animated Menus

Batman: The Movie Special Edition (Blu-Ray)
Commentary Track by Adam West and Burt Ward
Commentary Track by screenwriter Lorenzo Semple Jnr.
Isolated Score Track in DTS-HD MA (Lossless)
Batman: A Dynamic Legacy Featurette
Caped Crusaders: A Heroes Tribute Featurette (This  focuses on Batman, Robin, and the supporting cast of Commissioner Gordon, Chief O'Hara, and Alfred)
Galleries (From the vaults of Adam West, Interactive Pressbook, Posters, Production Stills, Behind the Scenes, Premiere)
Gotham City's Most Wanted Featurette (This only focuses on Riddler, Joker, Catwoman, and Penguin)
Batman 2001 Featurette
The Batmobile Revealed with George Barris
The Batmobile Interactive Tour
Batman on Location: Mapping The Movie
Holy Trivia Track, Batman!
Theatrical Trailer, Teaser Trailer, and The Spanish Trailer

New ideas for extras could include a heroes featurette with Aunt Harriet and Batgirl included. Aswell as a villains featurette this time focusing on all the special guest villains from the series. And last but not least audio commentary from Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar, and Yvonne Craig, on their favorite episodes would be nice.

Wow, great list! A lot of that stuff I've never even heard of.