30th Anniversary Edition?

Started by Grissom, Thu, 14 Jul 2016, 02:08

Previous topic - Next topic
I know some don't like the term double dipping but although we got a 20th and 25th anniversary Special Editions, I would like to see a 30th anniversary. There is still a lot of specials from TV, interviews and footage that were  were not included in past editions.

This film still resonates with millions and WB should really give us an Ultimate Edition.

I'm not sure how B89 would look in 4K, but there's that possibility.

Yeah, it would pretty much have to come down to a 4k (or better if that's even possible) scan since there's probably not much more to add as far as bonus stuff goes.

Separately, I'm surprised there wasn't some sort of anniversary edition for Batman Begins... but maybe that's for a separate thread.

Wow. I wonder what the medium of choice will be in 2019. I mean that's only three years (holy crap!) but it still feels so far away.

If they do do it, they need to go all out for the 30th. It needs to have multiple discs of every official interview and featurette about the movie and like a Batcomputer's worth of data on every aspect of the movie. Plus a new in depth documentary about the genesis of the project and the hiring of the different actors and Burton and the backlash to certain things and then the Bat Mania of 1989.

Ok maybe that's a bit overboard since 30th anniversaries usually get skipped over, but still. lol.

Well not "skipped over" but usually it's the 25th that gets the big attention and when the 30th rolls around, there isn't as much. If we're all still here in three years though I expect this place to be rocking!

the back to the future trilogy did both; a 25th anniversary in 2010 and 30th in 2015. They didn't heavily up the stakes in 2015 but they added more there.

Though Batman also had a 20th anniversary edition in 2009 and many feel that was a superior version of the 2014 version. I purchased my copy of the blu ray last year and chose the steelbook over the 25th. The presence of david Goyer and fact that the special features trashed the film itself basically saying it didn't need to be good to make money was a huge turnoff for me.

Quote from: riddler on Thu, 14 Jul  2016, 13:47the special features trashed the film itself basically saying it didn't need to be good to make money was a huge turnoff for me.
I must have missed that stuff. What precisely was said?

Reading in between the lines it looks like it says "Nolan is the start, Nolan is the end, Nolan is all." But I may be wrong.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 14 Jul  2016, 18:03
Reading in between the lines it looks like it says "Nolan is the start, Nolan is the end, Nolan is all." But I may be wrong.
Basically that sentiment, I think.

I think if fans can shut out the obnoxious Nolan fans, there's content there to be enjoyed. But I'm tryin', catwoman. I'm tryin' real hard.

So am I. Being told I'm wrong or not a real fan of the character because I like or prefer another version has done a lot to sour me on them, though.