Jack's "flesh" makeup

Started by batass4880, Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 00:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Prior to the 2005 DVD, did anyone else know that Jack had 2 layers of makeup on when doing the mob meeting scene?

Up until then I thought that they just put on one layer of flesh-toned makeup to give the appearance that he was covering up his "real color" and the cloth that he used to wipe his forehead right before he says "get out of here!" had tiny amounts of white facepaint. Was anyone else under this impression?

I thought that too! Kinda makes it like the real deal if you ask me!
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 01:14 #2 Last Edit: Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 01:23 by Dark Knight Detective
Well, I had the impression that there was something "heavy" about his face (referring to the makeup). What about during the museum scene after Vale throws water in his face?

I can't say that I know what they did for that but I don't see why they would have to put 2 layers of makeup on for a scene where he covers his face in one cut and in the next cut its all messy. Again I could be wrong

Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 04:00 #4 Last Edit: Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 04:02 by The Dark Knight
I'll admit I didn't really know what was going on with the 'flesh' tone makeup and the white makeup when I was younger.

In the mob meeting scene, I assumed he was wiping white on to his face, not revealing what was underneath. Now I know better.

I always thought that the flesh make-up was created so that Jack didn't have to wear the full Joker make-up (white face, red lips, green hair) and all they needed to do was put on the appliances and blend make-up to his own skin. Kind of like how they developed the wig excuse for Gene Hackman not wanting to be bald in Superman, except for a few scenes.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sun, 14 Jun  2009, 01:14
Well, I had the impression that there was something "heavy" about his face (referring to the makeup).

Yeah, I get what you are saying. The skin tone looked a bit different to me during that and the museum scene, than it did when he was Jack Napier.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

To be honest I noticed that a long time ago!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.