Superman-III & IV

Started by batass4880, Thu, 18 Dec 2008, 22:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 18 Dec 2008, 22:45 Last Edit: Fri, 19 Dec 2008, 00:06 by batass4880
Does anyone actually like these films? I have to admit I do. :-[

I think theyre the lamest superman projects ever created, only the first two and the singer film are good to me, and of course all of the cartoons I love.

Comedy does not fit well with Superman, he's a very serious character. Its like the 60's batman tv show (which I love) those films are pretty much making fun of themselves, and that to me is injustice to the character of Superman and what he's all about.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I liked  Gene as Lex in 4, including all the Gene gold they cut out of it. Other than that its a movie that had potental, that could have used a bigger budget, better editing (cut some out, left some in) and some minor script rewrites. With that, it would have been an okay/decent installment.

3 was garbage.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 18 Dec  2008, 23:17
I liked  Gene as Lex in 4, including all the Gene gold they cut out of it. Other than that its a movie that had potental, that could have used a bigger budget, better editing (cut some out, left some in) and some minor script rewrites. With that, it would have been an okay/decent installment.

3 was garbage.

I only have the original DVD of IV without the bonuses. Were the cut scenes any good?

Quote from: batass4880 on Fri, 19 Dec  2008, 00:05
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 18 Dec  2008, 23:17

3 was garbage.

I only have the original DVD of IV without the bonuses. Were the cut scenes any good?

Yes and no. All the Hackman ones were great and if nothing else would have given the film more classic Gene Luthor moments. The others were okay, some were just inserts.

Both Gene and Spacey were good Lex Luthor's but Im still waiting someday to see a pure evil Lex with no silly humor to him.

They were all god-awful messes of films. Never liked them.

I still think the first Superman film is one of the top 5 comic book films of all time, it was the first and still one of the best especially in the origin story category.

Both turned out poorly but it's all about potential.  S4 had tons of potential.  It could've been done so much better if the budget had been there and if the movie hadn't been chopped into bits.  Sure, it would've dated itself immediately but the film itself would've been good.

S3 never had any potential.  There was never any hope for it, it was always going to suck out loud.

Don't even get me started on Singerman...

to each their own my friend, I thought Singer's version was far from most of the comics, but had alot of the true heart of Superman and thats thanks to Rouths overly surprising great performance.