89 prequel

Started by batass4880, Tue, 9 Dec 2008, 06:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 9 Dec 2008, 06:22 Last Edit: Tue, 9 Dec 2008, 06:38 by batass4880
Would anyone be up for a prequel to 89? If so, how would your story go?

Someone mentioned in the "what's missing" topic that they wished that in 89 there was more of Batman fighting street crime like the beginning on that rooftop with those two punks and at Axis Chemicals with Jack Napier and Grissom's gang.

What if Batman-I was pretty much him fighting crime syndicates and street thugs and did not really have any serious enemies to fight yet, like the original 1939-40 comics. No Joker, no Batcave, no Batwing, and sorry to say, no Batmobile.(I know--HERETIC!!! >:( ;))

I would see the movie like this:

Like in 89, Batman only shows up now and then to fight criminals. He would be more mysterious than 89 because we would not see his true identity. We would finally meet him in Batman-II(89).

The period in this film would be the six weeks or so mentioned in 89 that there is a cloaked and masked vigilante terrorizing the city's outlaws. One of them being that Johnny Gobbs dude. Knox would pretty much be the lead in this film following the Bat-Man story and gang war for the Gotham Globe. 

There would be a major gang war between Carl Grissom's syndicate and Boss Rotelli's gang. The fight being over who can essentially own the city as well as who can buy the most influential politicians, especially the current district attorney(not Dent). The end of the movie would finally have Grissom winning the reign over Gotham's underworld as well as the police, thus leading us into Batman-II(89) where one of the gangsters, Napier, becomes a serious problem.

After that, Returns would be Batman-III; Forever, Batman-IV and B&R, Batman-V.

What's this Batman Prologue fan film thing? It's been talked about forever, yet nothing has really eventuated.

I've wondered that too... and then wondered more than once if PJ wasn't just blowing smoke about the whole thing.

Still in the works. To be honest it's an incredibly difficult thing to undertake and I have for the past year kept very quiet about it after I was getting emails every day asking about it's progress. Still planned for release next year to celebrate the 20th anniversary. My youtube page is where you'll find any video info on it as the website won't reopen until next year.

www.youtube.com/pjwars
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Quote from: batass4880 on Tue,  9 Dec  2008, 06:22
Would anyone be up for a prequel to 89? If so, how would your story go?

Someone mentioned in the "what's missing" topic that they wished that in 89 there was more of Batman fighting street crime like the beginning on that rooftop with those two punks and at Axis Chemicals with Jack Napier and Grissom's gang.

What if Batman-I was pretty much him fighting crime syndicates and street thugs and did not really have any serious enemies to fight yet, like the original 1939-40 comics. No Joker, no Batcave, no Batwing, and sorry to say, no Batmobile.(I know--HERETIC!!! >:( ;))

I would see the movie like this:

Like in 89, Batman only shows up now and then to fight criminals. He would be more mysterious than 89 because we would not see his true identity. We would finally meet him in Batman-II(89).

The period in this film would be the six weeks or so mentioned in 89 that there is a cloaked and masked vigilante terrorizing the city's outlaws. One of them being that Johnny Gobbs dude. Knox would pretty much be the lead in this film following the Bat-Man story and gang war for the Gotham Globe. 

There would be a major gang war between Carl Grissom's syndicate and Boss Rotelli's gang. The fight being over who can essentially own the city as well as who can buy the most influential politicians, especially the current district attorney(not Dent). The end of the movie would finally have Grissom winning the reign over Gotham's underworld as well as the police, thus leading us into Batman-II(89) where one of the gangsters, Napier, becomes a serious problem.

After that, Returns would be Batman-III; Forever, Batman-IV and B&R, Batman-V.

Lol i don't mind the idea, but without Micheal Keaton i just don't know.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  9 Dec  2008, 08:52
What's this Batman Prologue fan film thing? It's been talked about forever, yet nothing has really eventuated.

This is the first i've ever heard about this. What's it about?

Wed, 10 Dec 2008, 01:54 #5 Last Edit: Wed, 10 Dec 2008, 02:28 by batass4880

PJ, that was AMAZING!!! :D Just what I'm looking and hoping for. You get what I'm talking about. I would rather see this made than Triumphant. Good luck with the rest, I can't wait! :D

Thanks mate, you should check out the version with the music, it's even better. Our composer Joe Stacey has/is doing a fantastic job with the score.

Do you have any idea of what the run-time will roughly be, PJ?

22 minutes approx. By the way, some people have been asking to see what Batman will look like in this, the answer is in my avatar.

Looking forward to it. I hope the 22 minutes is put to good use. I imagine it would be insanely difficult to capture the mood and atmosphere of Burton's Batman 89, though.