Returns at Pinewood

Started by batass4880, Mon, 24 Nov 2008, 04:19

Previous topic - Next topic
Mon, 24 Nov 2008, 04:19 Last Edit: Sat, 29 Nov 2008, 15:58 by batass4880
Does anyone wish that Returns was shot in England like the first film? Yes I know, most will say no, but right now I'm fishing for the minority.

I loved the Returns Gotham set to death, but I just wondered what the 89 set would've looked like with snow and Christmas lights everywhere. Also given the more seedy atmosphere in 89, I wonder if it would have made Returns even darker. Plus there were a few moments in the movie that you could tell it was shot inside a studio.

Actually Im with you on this, I liked 89's Gotham ALOT more than Returns. Pinewood's set made it look like an actual city rather than an inside soundstage which most of the time in BR you can tell thats what it is. BR's design was alot more gothic as was the film and thats what they were going for, but I prefer 89's Gotham.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I kind of wish in a way I could have two versions. I loved the new look of Gotham while I would crave the look of the film in the old version of Gotham.

i also wish returns had been made at pinewood - as much as i love batman returns it's always a little weird watching the batmobile ride indoors through "snow" and watching the gotham square scenes as well - i think it's 100% indoors right? - is there one outdoor shot? - maybe the overhead shot of selena's car driving toward gotham?

I think the street where he parked the Batmobile when he was set up to be framed was the outdoor WB lot as well as the alley with the Batmissile. Also the batarang scene with the poodle lady was too I believe.

The snow and ice obviously couldn't hold in the CA weather so it looked like early springtime snow. Yet another reason to be shot at Pinewood!

Mon, 24 Nov 2008, 21:46 #6 Last Edit: Mon, 24 Nov 2008, 21:56 by batass4880
Right, but on the behind the scenes docs on the DVD, you see some set decorators with snow shovels putting actual snow/ice from snow machines on the outdoor streets. In England it probably would have stayed fresh and cold and not looked old and wet.

Im pretty positive everything was filmed inside.

When the Mayor makes his speech and the penguin comes out of the sewer to make the fake save of the mayors kid, the background looks SOO BAD, so fake its not even funny, it bothers me so much.