References to the films in the comics

Started by Azrael, Sat, 4 Apr 2009, 07:49

Previous topic - Next topic
This is speculative on my part but I thought the cowl on the cover of Detective Comics resembled the Batman Begins cowl.

In Detective Comics 815 the appearance of Zsaz is changed. He's now bald with brown eye brows. Since this comic was made in 2006 I can only assume that this change was influenced by Zsaz's look in Begins.

In Detective Comics 820 Scarecrow's design has also changed. He's now wearing a Scarecrow mask with a noose. Clearly inspired by the characters design in Begins.

Doesn't the noose thing go back to The New Batman Adventures?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 26 Jan  2024, 23:03Doesn't the noose thing go back to The New Batman Adventures?
Yes it does. I'm not saying that Begins invented the noose for Sacrecrow. However, I am saying that this comic changed the design to be closer to the way he looked in Begins. Other than the mask and noose nothing about that redesign in the comic looks like Scarecrow. It's the same thing in Begins, the mask with the noose around the neck is the defining costume trait that makes him Scarecrow.

In the latest issue of Joker: Year One story, many pages had modeled Batman with Batfleck's likeness. Including the Knightmare timeline.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Mon, 26 Feb 2024, 15:27 #95 Last Edit: Mon, 26 Feb 2024, 15:36 by BatmanFurst
There are two references to Batman Forever that I came across. One was in Batman Confidential 4 where Batman parks the Batplane upside down like the Batwing in Forever.

As far as I know Forever was the first time that Robin was given gauntlets similar to Batman's. In May 2006 after Infinite Crisis Tim Drake's new suit also incorporated these gauntlets. This is the first time I've come across a Robin suit with that feature in the comics. If anyone has an earlier example please let me know.

In Batman Confidential 7 one of Batman's early vehicles is shown to be a tank. The design seemed to be inspired by the Tumbler from Begins. This is the first time I've seen that design implemented into the comics.

In Batman Confidential 8 Batman gives Joker a Glasgow Smile. This issue came out in December of 2007. I think it's definitely inspired by Ledger's look in Dark Knight.