Brief (Moderately New) Clip on Conan

Started by thecolorsblend, Thu, 14 Jan 2016, 09:09

Previous topic - Next topic
To be honest, this didn't do much for me. Visuals were great as expected, but the dialogue feels like the same stilted, mega serious, melodramatic type stuff we got from the last take on Batman. And Batman's threats to Superman feel laughably arrogant when the guy just ripped open his car with his bare hands and could've easily destroyed him if he wanted to. Hoping it comes off better in context with the rest of the film.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 14 Jan  2016, 13:19
Badass. Two months and ten days away, sports fans!

Indeed. And Affleck looks great so I don't mind the voice as much.

I loved the new clip. The pacing of "tell me, do you bleed. You will" was much better here, and I like how Superman is being stern to Batman. And good god, that Batsuit looks amazing.

Regardless what you may think of the movie, I think there's no denying it'll at least be gorgeous to look at.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 14 Jan  2016, 14:14But Superman doesn't consider himself scary or a god. He just wants to do the right thing. If he thinks putting Batman in his place keeps peace and order, he'll do it.
But Superman is scary, that's the problem. He's even using fear to try to intimidate Batman here. There isn't order and peace in threatening someone else who is fighting crime. Thank you for your politeness in your responses. I thought it would get a more aggressive reply at first.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 14 Jan  2016, 21:36
I loved the new clip. The pacing of "tell me, do you bleed. You will" was much better here, and I like how Superman is being stern to Batman. And good god, that Batsuit looks amazing.

Regardless what you may think of the movie, I think there's no denying it'll at least be gorgeous to look at.

Supes is definitely barking up the wrong tree. Ain't no cat in that one, there's a Bat. And he's pissed. lol

And yes the pacing of the line is perfect here after seeming a little....I dunno but it's obviously better here. That's what always makes me laugh when people say "oh the trailer sucks, blah blah blah," what we see isn't necessarily exactly how it will look in a movie. This is another example of that, but with the rise of social media and blogging and everything in the last decade or whatever everyone thinks they're a critic. They don't watch trailers to get excited, they watch to nitpick and then go on the internet and tell everyone whats wrong with the movie because of what amounts to a two minute mashup.

People annoy me. *waits for Dagenspear's lecture*

Clark sincerely believes Batman's a reckless vigilante with a total disregard for the civil rights of perps. And, um, he's right. But instead of beating the snot out of Batman, he tells him to retire... reminding him that if Superman was the kind of man Batman is, this would've ended physically instead of verbally.

Fri, 15 Jan 2016, 03:30 #16 Last Edit: Fri, 15 Jan 2016, 03:33 by Dagenspear
Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 15 Jan  2016, 01:54People annoy me. *waits for Dagenspear's lecture*
Saying people annoy you isn't insulting them. It's you giving your personal opinion.
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 15 Jan  2016, 02:05Clark sincerely believes Batman's a reckless vigilante with a total disregard for the civil rights of perps. And, um, he's right. But instead of beating the snot out of Batman, he tells him to retire... reminding him that if Superman was the kind of man Batman is, this would've ended physically instead of verbally.
Superman isn't the law and he doesn't have the right to tell Batman to do anything. Even if he was being commisioned by the law, there's a line in response to that from the TDKR animated movie: "They only want me gone because I'm an embarrassment. Because I do what they can't. What kind of authority is that?" Superman needs to learn the difference between the right thing and the law.

God bless you both! God bless everyone!

Fri, 15 Jan 2016, 07:10 #17 Last Edit: Fri, 15 Jan 2016, 07:12 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri, 15 Jan  2016, 01:10
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 14 Jan  2016, 14:14But Superman doesn't consider himself scary or a god. He just wants to do the right thing. If he thinks putting Batman in his place keeps peace and order, he'll do it.
But Superman is scary, that's the problem. He's even using fear to try to intimidate Batman here. There isn't order and peace in threatening someone else who is fighting crime. Thank you for your politeness in your responses. I thought it would get a more aggressive reply at first.

God bless you! God bless everyone!
To people like Batman who are control freaks and don't like the idea of superpowered steam trains running the show, absolutely Suoerman is a scary prospect. However a lot of the threat is imagined, because while Superman is laying down the law verbally, he's going to put physical confrontation last on his list. Though the battle of Metropolis also factors in greatly for Bruce, seeing his building fall down and rescuing a young girl whose parents probably just died. Someone becoming another orphan like him. So like all the best Batman stories, it's personal.

I can see the case from both sides, and that's why I think the ideological battle between the two will work. Superman wouldn't begrudge a fellow crime fighter from cleaning up the streets, but he doesn't condone the behaviour of Batman. To him, it's possible he's dealing with a nutcase who could be the second coming of IS. Each hero has their doubts of the other. But as we know, Superman has the benefit of being invulnerable which also allows his modus operandi in the first place.

If Batman, a veteran of 20 or so years, who has had a successful career, is being told to retire by the new kid on the block, that's just going to raise his ire tenfold. Superman now represents an obstacle to his ongoing war on crime - the way he likes to do things. So indeed, I believe Batman would seek to rig an arena and fight Superman on his terms.

Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri, 15 Jan  2016, 03:30Superman isn't the law
Well, we don't know to what degree (if any) Superman has been deputized. Nor do we know the precise nature of his relationship with the United States Army just yet).

Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri, 15 Jan  2016, 03:30and he doesn't have the right to tell Batman to do anything.
Does he have a legal right? As above, we don't know. But anybody has a moral right to stand up to what they believe to be injustice. Superman sees criminals getting the snot beaten out of them and has a problem with that.

Putting aside law and jurisdiction, how is he factually, morally or any other way wrong there?

Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri, 15 Jan  2016, 03:30Even if he was being commisioned by the law, there's a line in response to that from the TDKR animated movie: "They only want me gone because I'm an embarrassment. Because I do what they can't. What kind of authority is that?" Superman needs to learn the difference between the right thing and the law.
I think endangering children, inspiring the Joker to return to active duty and assaulting police officers might have figured in there as well.

Funny you should mention TDKR though. Clark warned Bruce. He told him to stand down because sooner or later he'd have to take him out of action. Bruce is the one who ultimately forced that confrontation. Clark tried to avoid and Superman barely fought back. That battle is all on Batman.

Long story short Supes has the right to tell Batsy to quit. Batsy has the right to say "f*** you." lol.