New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 10 Jan  2016, 23:44Here's a video of the new Batvoice, and it's all isolated. I gotta say, the more I hear it, the more I like it. But again, I still prefer a natural voice like Conroy or Keaton, but this is growing on me.

Nice find! I've been an advocate for Bruce using a harmonizer as his Batman voice for something like ten years now. So this is a nice little vindication for me.

Now all the next Batman director needs to do is adopt my other suggestions for Batman's costume and we'll be ready to go.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 11 Jan  2016, 21:20
If they are trying to convey worn out they missed the mark. I wouldn't drive the 2 miles to the grocery store in something that sounded like that, much less fight crime lol.
I can argue the case for practically anything given my mood at any given time. At the moment I'm liking the new car, suit and movie in general. But you never know. The wind may change and tomorrow I could be Affleck and Snyder's worst enemy. We'll just have to see.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 12 Jan  2016, 18:43
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 11 Jan  2016, 21:20
If they are trying to convey worn out they missed the mark. I wouldn't drive the 2 miles to the grocery store in something that sounded like that, much less fight crime lol.
I can argue the case for practically anything given my mood at any given time. At the moment I'm liking the new car, suit and movie in general. But you never know. The wind may change and tomorrow I could be Affleck and Snyder's worst enemy. We'll just have to see.

I may be your worst enemy if you keep trying to tell me that thing sounds cool. lol.

The look has grown on me a lot, especially after I bought the Hot Wheels of it. And I guess the RC car version I may or may not buy will at least sound authentic. :P

I just found Waldo in that weird version of that trailer.  ;D

Meanwhile, this 'journalist' (and I use the term loosely) conveniently ignored Henry Cavill saying the word "intentionally" when he was asked if BvS addresses the fallout from events in MOS. Why? So she could spin both movies in a negative light.  ::) ::)

Henry Cavill says 'Batman v Superman' won't fix problems from 'Man of Steel'

WRITTEN BY KAITLIN MILLER POSTED: 01/07/2016, 07:56AM
Fans optimistic that "Batman v Superman" will address fans' issues with 2013′s "Man of Steel," don't hold your breath.

In an interview with Cineplex, chiseled actor Henry Cavill discussed fans' disappointment over Zack Snyder's directorial choices and the depiction of the Last Son of Kypton in the stand-alone Superman flick.
He said:

"The reception of my first Superman movie, from what I've read, was fairly mixed. Everyone I've spoken to enjoyed the movie, but [not] unlike if you're going to meet a stranger in the street, they're not going to badmouth you to your face. There's no intentional move, I don't think, in Batman v. Superman to address any issues that people had with Man of Steel. It's just a continuation of that storyline and they continue to develop that world and introduce new characters."

Basically, prepare yourself for mass destruction, civilian casualties and the grimmest, least-vibrant onscreen Superman yet.

Despite catching wind of some of the hate the film got, Cavill is still behind Snyder's vision of Superman:

"I think maybe people may look down on some popular-culture stuff, but they're actually very complicated and interesting characters. Superman especially, he's just wonderfully rich and one of those things, for me, that's just enjoyable to play. He's going to have some very interesting character development in this one."

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" will either pleasantly surprise or let down fans March 25.

http://national.suntimes.com/national-entertainment/7/72/2393347/henry-cavill-batman-v-superman-wrong-problems-man-of-steel

As the Joker says in BTAS, what a maroon!

Putting that petty stupidity aside, the part where we see the Bat symbol branded on the crook's chest in the trailers reminds me of Zorro slicing the letter Z on his enemies. It makes sense since Bob Kane cited Zorro as an inspiration when he created Batman, and in this film, it might be possible that the last film that Bruce watched with his parents had a deep psychological impact on him.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 11:36I just found Waldo in that weird version of that trailer.  ;D

Meanwhile, this 'journalist' (and I use the term loosely) conveniently ignored Henry Cavill saying the word "intentionally" when he was asked if BvS addresses the fallout from events in MOS. Why? So she could spin both movies in a negative light.  ::) ::)

http://national.suntimes.com/national-entertainment/7/72/2393347/henry-cavill-batman-v-superman-wrong-problems-man-of-steel

Putting that petty stupidity aside, the part where we see the Bat symbol branded on the crook's chest in the trailers reminds me of Zorro slicing the letter Z on his enemies. It makes sense since Bob Kane cited Zorro as an inspiration when he created Batman, and in this film, it might be possible that the last film that Bruce watched with his parents had a deep psychological impact on him.
Why is insulting that person a response that you give over a movie? That person didn't do anything to you. Please, please be better than that. I'm sure you can be.

Intention is really a key issue here though. If the movie was made without the intention of addressing the issues with the movie, then it leaves a hole in it. There's a reason why in life things are viewed with intention. If you don't intend to kill someone, it's manslaughter, if you did, it's murder. The movie may address the issues unintentionally, but that makes it less direct. It takes away from the weight of the movie. It's one of the reasons why when people say Batman & Robin is a bad movie, they're aren't really correct. The movie was purposefully made to be the way that people bash it for and the reasons they bash it are mainly things they don't like, not really factual reasons. The movie wasn't made poorly. It was made purposefully.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Quote from: Dagenspear on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 14:27
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 11:36I just found Waldo in that weird version of that trailer.  ;D

Why is insulting that person a response that you give over a movie? That person didn't do anything to you. Please, please be better than that. I'm sure you can be.

Quit trying to be this site's moral compass. You're not. I've seen you try this crap with two or three people now, me being one of them. Stop it.

Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 15:47 #187 Last Edit: Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 15:51 by Max Shreck
I didn't notice a Zorro similarity until someone brought it up on the internet. But yes, it works.

And Dangespear, the problem with B&R wasn't the intention as much as that it wasn't sure what it wanted to be. It didn't try to be as campy as the 60's Batman, which I loved, it did have serious moments in-between. And while Uma Thurman really enjoyed herself, Arnold did the movie more harm than good, as did George Clooney in my opinion.

I have no further comments on MoS.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 15:36Quit trying to be this site's moral compass. You're not. I've seen you try this crap with two or three people now, me being one of them. Stop it.
I'm not a moral compass at all. That's absolutely true. In my past I have far worse things to my own family. But that doesn't mean that I have to accept someone being insulted over a movie. It's not right whether I or anyone else does it.
Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 15:47And Dangespear, the problem with B&R wasn't the intention as much as that it wasn't sure what it wanted to be. It didn't try to be as campy as the 60's Batman, which I loved, it did have serious moments in-between. And while Uma Thurman really enjoyed herself, Arnold did the movie more harm than good, as did George Clooney in my opinion.
I don't see how.

God bless you both! God bless everyone!

Then we disagree. End of story.

Back to B. v S now.  ;D