Batman & Robin...Comic Book...Influences??

Started by BatmAngelus, Sat, 19 Jul 2008, 20:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Batman88 on Sat,  8 Sep  2012, 09:39
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  8 Sep  2012, 08:54
Mr Freeze is stronger than the Schumacher-verse and Nolan-verse Banes.

I mean, he sends a guard *flying* across the room, smashing into a glass display case.  He then proceeds to throw a guy straight up in a perfect vertical line to dislodge his freeze gun.

Impossible or not, these feats are repeated nowhere else in the movies.  :-\

Yeah, I've always thought those were funny feats  ;D. I remember back in early 1997 (April or May) I got a VHS that contained all of the trailers for the big movies that were coming out that summer (The Lost World and others I can't remember) and B&R was among them. I found myself watching the trailer over and over again and anticipating the film like no other thing. What I distinctly remember about the trailer is that it featured a longer interaction between Batman and Mr. Freeze in the museum after Batman comes flying and kicks Freeze in the chest then gets up holding Freeze's gun and says something to him.

I remember loving that piece of dialogue (I was 9  ;D), thought it was cool, but then when I went to see the film at the theater I remember being disappointed that that scene had been shortened.

Anybody remember this too, or is memory playing tricks on me ?
Yes, that scene was shortened. Batman said "didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with guns".

Exactly , that's it !  :) I remember thinking how cool Batman looked in that new Bat-suit with the balck logo when I saw that scene.
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Does anyone know who this blog belongs to?

http://batmannrobinonfilm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/batman-and-robin-was-actually-more.html

They've posted my analysis as their own work, editing it to remove the references to BatmAngelus and Gotham Alleys. They've even posted my avatar for some reason. I wouldn't mind too much, except it seems to be an anti-Nolan pro-Batman and Robin (1997) site :-[

We must get the analysis on the site as a feature and put a disclaimer on it.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 28 Jan  2013, 19:14Does anyone know who this blog belongs to?

http://batmannrobinonfilm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/batman-and-robin-was-actually-more.html

They've posted my analysis as their own work, editing it to remove the references to BatmAngelus and Gotham Alleys. They've even posted my avatar for some reason. I wouldn't mind too much, except it seems to be an anti-Nolan pro-Batman and Robin (1997) site :-[
Yeesh. If he had to steal something, why couldn't it have been Ral's layout? That site looks like crapola.

Still, looks like he's on Jett's bad side... or Jett's on his... or something.

He also "borrowed" my Schumacher defense article.

I like that the guy thinks outside the box but... he's so extreme on it that he robs his own credibility. And when you're defending Joel Schumacher, you need truckloads to get people to even listen.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

What a cheek. DocLathropBrown and Silver Nemesis slog their guts out to produce quality work and some person just copies and pastes it in a few seconds, taking all the glory. That's low. Whats the bet he requests an Oprah interview when others realise the truth.

It's my fault really. I should have got the Batman and Robin analysis up as a feature sometime last year. Ral gave me the go ahead to proceed with it, but I never got around to doing it until now. It should be up soon though.

I think its worse that this guy ripped off the Doc's feature than mine. For two reasons:

Firstly it wasn't just something someone had written in the message boards; it was a published feature on the site.

And secondly it was an opinion piece. It's one thing to steal facts from someone else's research. It's another thing altogether to plagiarise their personal opinions and try and pass them off as your own.