4 inch Batman 89 and Batman Returns figures from Mattel

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 11 Oct 2013, 00:08

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.batman-online.com/news/2013/10/10/new-4-inch-burton-movie-and-60s-tv-figures-from-mattel#sthash.027vyFSr.dpbs

Website The Toyark have posted photos from the Mattel stand - who have just revealed their DC Multiverse range (which covers more than just film and TV) which includes figures of Batman from 1989 and Batman Returns' Penguin and Catwoman and some figures (surfing Batman & Joker) from the 60's Adam West TV show.

It's an amazing time to be a collector! As a kid, I always wanted figures of Reeve/Keaton and a '66 comic.

And now we have finally have them!

Now if only they could get around to those flying cars...

These look fantastic and I can't wait to get them, it's too bad Nicholson is a greedy bastard and wouldn't let them license his likeness as well for an affordable price.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Sat, 12 Oct  2013, 00:54
it's too bad Nicholson is a greedy bastard and wouldn't let them license his likeness as well for an affordable price.

Where did you hear that?

Fantastic. I'll be on the lookout for all three.

After 20 years Danny Devito finally gets the action figure he deserved and was cruelly and stupidly denied back in 92! And it looks fantastic in it's detail. But Catwoman's ears need a slight trim before release. Too bat-like and not enough cat-like right now.

Still I'm hugely disappointed Mattel has beaten Hot Toys to manufacturing the Returns characters. How is it that Mattel can capture the look of Devito's Penguin in mere plastic so brilliantly and yet the Hot Toys boys have yet to reveal their efforts on the embarrassingly overdue Returns line? Honestly I would have preferred a super detailed "adult collector" figure of Devito and Pfeiffer with the same quality as their Nicholson Joker. With any luck these revealed figures from Mattel might get Hoy Toys asses moving at unleashing their figures and not blasting wave after boring wave of more Iron Man and Dark Knight series figures? In any case I think I'll watch and wait first before buying.

Having bought Hot Toys Nicholson and Keaton figures I have to say I'm not too impressed with Mattel's (and likewise Neca's) attempts at doing Michael Keaton. I understand not all fans can own the super expensive figures but honestly this figure is the true masterpiece of joy. I too have heard Nicholson didn't give away his likeness or that Mattel couldn't afford him. But in Hot Toys case it was money well spent in my view.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Fri, 11 Oct  2013, 03:48
It's an amazing time to be a collector! As a kid, I always wanted figures of Reeve/Keaton and a '66 comic.

And now we have finally have them!

Now if only they could get around to those flying cars...

Not sure what you mean by a lack of Michael Keaton. Didn't you ever buy the Kenner movie figures in the nineties? Sure their not exactly "Movie Masters" by today's standards but they were always excellent at capturing Michael Keaton's likeness (which was duplicated even more brilliantly in their Beetlejuice line). They also did a fine job with both Val Kilmer and George Clooney (though they never got his hair quite right, see "Transforming Bruce Wayne"). But Keaton's face always made for great action figures. "Crime Attack Batman" was the closest figure to the movie wardrobe back then but Batman movie figures have always been in plentiful supply.

It was the Superman movies that suffered truly. I'm shocked that for movies that were so huge not a single action figure was produced. That would have driven me nuts if I was a kid back in the early 80's. The merchandise for the Superman movies always seem so sparse and primitive compared to Batman's. A real shame.

But the worst offender? Back to the Future! Still no action figures and look at the amazing cast of characters that can be done in various forms. When will some toy designer finally wake up on that one?

This is awesome! Now bring on the Movie Masters!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

*hyperventilates*

*dies*

*comes back reincarnated as herself*

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!