What's your JLA lineup?

Started by BatmAngelus, Sat, 16 Mar 2013, 20:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sun,  7 Jul  2013, 22:45
I like J'onn but I think he's too difficult to be properly shown in live-action.

If we have Green Lantern, I think Green Arrow would be in surplus.

And I've never been the biggest fan of Hawkman or Hawkgirl, I much prefer characters like Aquaman and Zatanna.  :)
I enjoy the dynamic between Hawkman and Green Arrow in the comics.  Hawkman is the hardcore reactionary string 'em up with no trial type whereas Green Arrow is the cosmopolitan silver-spoon liberal.  Perhaps the subject-matter is too dark and complex for a blockbuster movie and would certainly not suit an early JLA movie but one of my favourite JLA stories is 'Identity Crisis' where following Dr Light's horrific assault on Elongated Man's wife the various, mainly secondary, JLA members discuss the respective merits of using Zantanna's magic to effectively give the villain a lobotomy.  The JLA are pretty much split fifty-fifty on the extremely controversial measure with Hawkman and Green Arrow in particular encapsulating the respective sides of the argument.

I suppose in a around-about way my argument is this: whatever members of the JLA are chosen for a big-screen movie the emphasis should be on picking a dynamic team that compliments one another with a range of different personalities and perspectives as well as different powers and backgrounds.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I think you're right. I can't wait for this movie to finally happen, I've always liked the JLA more than the Avengers.

Deadline is reporting that the Flash will not only have another TV series, but he will be introduced in the second season of Arrow. It's unlikely that WB are planning to introduce the other Justice League members on TV before going onto film, right? How will this affect the prospect of a future JL film?

QuoteCW Eyes 'Flash' Series With 'Arrow's Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg & David Nutter

Nellie Andreeva

EXCLUSIVE: Another DC Comics male superhero is looking to join the CW's lineup. I've learned that the network is fast tracking Flash, a drama project based on the DC character from the Arrow team of co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter. The CW is expected to discuss the project at today's TCA presentation. I hear there is an idea is to introduce The Flash on Arrow next season before spinning it off into its own series. I hear Flash will be written by Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment's Geoff Johns who also has written for Arrow. Nutter, who helmed the Arrow pilot, will direct the potential pilot, while Berlanti and Kreisberg are expected to run the potential series. Marc Guggenheim, who developed and executive produces Arrow with Berlanti and Kreisberg, is not involved in Flash as he busy with Arrow, now heading into its second season.

Source: http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/cw-eyes-flash-series-with-arrows-greg-berlanti-andrew-kreisberg-david-nutter/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Flash TV series sounds good to me.

I hope this isn't true. I love the Flash. He's my third favourite DC hero. But haven't we got enough teen-oriented CW superheroes-who-aren't-superheroes shows? It's encouraging to know Geoff Johns is involved, but I expect he'll be an occasional contributor like he is on Arrow rather than a major creative influence.

They won't call it 'The Flash' because that would be too comic bookey. They'd have to call it just 'Flash' or 'Speed Force' or something like that. And he won't wear his classic costume. Yes, it's one of the coolest costumes in the DC universe, but it's too campy for the sophisticated tastes of the CW crowd. They need something more realistic, like a nondescript red hoodie. And none of his classic rogues will appear. Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Pied Piper, Gorilla Grodd, Professor Zoom, the Trickster, Weather Wizard, Abra Kadabra – please, those guys are far too campy. No, all the villains will look and act like ordinary people in leather jackets and suits.

>:(  ::)

Actually, I wouldn't mind if they made a TV show based on the Jay Garrick Flash. Think about it. His costume consists of blue pants and a red top with a tin hat and boots. That could just about fit in with the CW statute of low budget blandness. And some of his enemies like Shade, Rag Doll and Fiddler could easily be reinterpreted in a more realistic Nolanesque context. And if they focus solely on Jay, then they won't have to address outlandish concepts such as the Speed Force or the Cosmic Treadmill.

Make a show about Jay and save the Barry Allen Flash for the Justice League movie and creative minds that can actually do the character justice.

The Jack Knight Starman is ready-made for a TV show (esp one determined to avoid costumes)... so of course it's going to languish in relative obscurity.

Idiots...

Opened up a Flash thread so it can be discussed there: http://www.batman-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=2452.0

As a sidenote, I kinda like how this was announced on the same day that the Flash-centric Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox animated movie gets released (There was also a nice synchronicity with the Batman/Superman movie being announced on the same day that Magpie, the first villain that Batman and Superman faced off together in the Post-Crisis Byrneera, appeared on Beware the Batman).

Does this rule out a Flash movie?  Hollywood Reporter says that Berlanti, who will be doing the Flash show, is also trying to get a movie going:
QuoteFor his part, Berlanti is also developing a Flash movie for Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, with sources telling THR that the feature is being eyed for 2016. Pedowitz also noted that there is no conflict with the movie studio or DC when it comes to the TV series and feature film, as previous efforts have proven troublesome when there's such an overlap.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-series-arrow-producers-works-595486

It's interesting that the latest developments with DC have been to introduce/reboot characters, like Batman and Flash, by immediately crossing them over into their current franchises, like Man of Steel and CW's Arrow.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...