What's your JLA lineup?

Started by BatmAngelus, Sat, 16 Mar 2013, 20:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Which of the JLA members would you bring on board to the movie?

The George Miller JL lineup was Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, John Stewart's Green Lantern, and Barry Allen's Flash, with Wally West as Kid Flash (and taking over the mantle as The Flash at the end).

I'd say the DC Trinity- Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman- are definite.  I have a feeling we'll seeing a shorter lineup than what Miller had and I wouldn't be surprised if Green Lantern is the Ruffalo/Hulk of this movie, reintroducing the character through a different actor/potentially different GL (again, I'll bet on Stewart).
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Sat, 16 Mar 2013, 21:12 #1 Last Edit: Sun, 17 Mar 2013, 03:11 by thecolorsblend
EDIT- Originally I said I'd prefer Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash and Green Lantern (John Stewart) to start with. I take it back. I say start with only Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. The other characters can be brought in later.

i'm kind of thinking for movie purposes Hal Jordan as the green lantern may work better. He's better known and for better or worse the movies and comics are separate entities so it would be strange to have a second green lantern when he's only been on screen once.

I have no idea what software do people use to mesh Green Lantern and Iron Man 2 together, but this is a rather creative fan-made trailer.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

batman, superman, wonder woman, green lantern, flash, and the huntress.

I'd go with the lineup from the Justice League Cartoon minus Hawkgirl (nothing against her, just to ensure better screen time for the others). I could go either way with Green Lantern, Hal or John I mean.

I would also get Bruce Timm to oversee production as he's lived with these characters for a long time and knows them pretty well.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Thu, 4 Apr 2013, 19:04 #6 Last Edit: Thu, 4 Apr 2013, 21:13 by BatmanFanatic93
Batman,Superman,Wonder Woman,Flash,Green Lantern (John Stewart),And Aquaman.
Btw here's a poster i made a couple mins ago
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

QuoteBradley Cooper Tapped Up As The Man To Save Justice League Movie? - Silver Linings Playbook star set to be The Flash?

Bradley Cooper could be the man to save The Justice League movie, according to sources close to the production.

The Silver Linings Playbook star is the hottest property in Hollywood at the moment, and it seems that the troubled superhero team-up movie could call on Brad to take up the role of The Flash to capitalise on his popularity.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/110122/Bradley-Cooper-Tapped-Up-As-The-Man-To-Save-Justice-League-Movie
Pffft. If this is true, Bradley Cooper will never be endearing to me as John Wesley Shipp was as the Flash.  ;)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

QuotePffft. If this is true, Bradley Cooper will never be endearing to me as John Wesley Shipp was as the Flash.   

Shipp was awesome in the role. He managed to capture the upright seriousness of the Barry Allen from the comics while also injecting an element of self-deprecating humour into the role. But he didn't resort to playing him as a cheesy Ryan Reynolds-style wiseass, which would've been an easy trap to fall into. Physically he was perfect for the part too, with a 6'1 muscular build and a chin that would make Bruce Campbell blush.   

Regarding these early casting rumours about the JLA movie, I don't give them much credence. Warner Bros should be worrying about getting a decent script ready before they even start to think about casting.

Once they do get to the casting phase, I think it's generally better if they select unknown actors. That way their established onscreen personas won't overshadow the characters they're playing (like Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern). It's better to reserve the established 'big name' actors for the supporting roles. But for now they should just concentrate on getting the script right.

I would like to see Batman and Superman team up in live action one day. Think The World's Finest animated movie, which is darn excellent. I'm not the biggest fan of the other DC heroes to be honest. If I had to pick another to join the pack it would be Wonder Woman.