Exclusive! Zero Year report from Dublin International Comic Expo

Started by Paul (ral), Wed, 2 Oct 2013, 07:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Scott Snyder divulged some info on what is coming up in the Zero Year story arc. Returning characters and a big storyline in another Bat-book. Plus Snyder tells how his origin differs from Frank Millers.

http://www.batman-online.com/features/2013/10/1/dice-report-batman-panel-with-snyder-capullo-plus-sean-murphy-talks-a-little-batman

Great work, Paul!  I'm waiting for the TPB release on Zero Year, but it sounds promising.

This part especially:
Quote"Alfred is a big part of the whole story [Zero Year] where is all about Alfred telling Bruce "You disrespect the legacy of your parents". And I think this is where our Batman differs from Miller's. To me, Bruce Wayne being a cad and champagne drinking playboy dishonours the legacy of his parents. His parents were altruists and civically minded. They set up schools and his dad got his hands dirty every night being a doctor in a city hospital. To then go out and be a playboy is then disrespectful so I see Bruce differently. Alfred is the one that needs to teach him that in the first arc."
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Thanks BatmAngelus. I had a list of questions (a couple of which were answered at the panel) for Snyder and Capullo to ask them when I met at the signing during the day. However, they were short on time as they had to get through the queue of fans so they could do the panel so I didn't get to pose them.....though Greg said that if I was around later in the day then they would answer whatever questions I had - really accommodating and genuine men. I couldn't stay around though as I had the family with me and had a 2 hr drive home. Next time though!

That's a great report, ral. And I agree about the Wayne playboy quote being particularly interesting. That's sort of what I was getting at a few months ago when I talked about the comedic playboy act being overdone in Batman Begins. It looks like Snyder and myself have similar views on the character. I'm looking forward to seeing what he and Capullo have in store for us in the coming issues.