MY rather disjointed review of Batman Forever

Started by Gotham Knight, Fri, 4 Jan 2008, 20:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Congratulations on your first troll, guys.  :P
The B89 photos you refer to will soon be back in our hands.

For the last time my fellow friends Tim Burton was producer of Batman Forever and Michael Keaton did want a change in his life he did not want to do the 3rd film however he was thinking about coming into the third film they even had suit measurements for Keaton, but then Keaton droped out of the film so Burton and Schumacher casted Val Kilmer in the role.

Also if you look up Tim Burton's Filmography Batman forever is credited

The opening titles I mean come on you know dam well Burton was part of the 3rd film what Burton did was stay on board as producer and he past the directing torch to Joel Schumacher and every fan of Batman knows that.

Also Batman Forever wasn't that bad it was actually pretty good not as good as the first 2 films but a decent film.

Also people I am a huge Tim Burton fan I love all his films from Vincent to Sweeney Todd.

The following Information I gathered from wikipedia.org

Tim Burton claimed he had one meeting that lasted for half an hour with Warner Brothers regarding a sequel. He told them basic ideas he had in mind, though they both peaceably agreed that Burton should serve as producer. Burton states that he was not interested in directing a third Batman film. Warner Brothers sought Joel Schumacher as their first choice to be Burton's replacement as director.

Sorry about posting all of this info but I found more information on wikipedia.org

Michael keaton was prepared to return for 1995's Batman Forever, even going so far as to show up for costume fitting. However, when Burton was dropped by Warner Bros. (slated to co-producer), Keaton left the series after being dissatisfied with the screenplay the new director, Joel Schumacher, approved, which Keaton considered to be lighter in tone in comparison to the past two Batman movies. According to the A&E Biography episode on Michael Keaton, after he had refused the first time (due to analysis of the script and meetings with Schumacher and Burton), Warner Brothers then offered him $35,000,000 (one of the highest salaries offered to an actor at the time), but Keaton steadfastly refused. So they went with Val Kilmer.
In my opinion Kilmer was a good Batman/Bruce Wayne not as good as Keaton but Kilmer was alright.

from

Quote from: Keatonfan#1 on Fri, 18 Jan  2008, 04:46
Batman Forever was Burton's film and he did work with the batchlers on the script and a lot of his ideas were put in the film.

In the interview he did say that he most likely would not have changed anything in the film, Michael Keaton just did not want to continue playing the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne, mainly because he wanted a change in his life so Keaton left the franchise and did the comedy film Multiplicity which he was more interested in rather than doing the 3rd batman film.

to
Quote from: Keatonfan#1 on Fri, 18 Jan  2008, 07:59
when Burton was dropped by Warner Bros. (slated to co-producer), Keaton left the series after being dissatisfied with the screenplay the new director, Joel Schumacher, approved, which Keaton considered to be lighter in tone in comparison to the past two Batman movies.

Seriously though, I wouldn't put much stock in any 'promotional' interviews from Burton before Forever's release.  Tim's a shroud man of few words.  Warner's have been very good to Tim and he wasn't about to slate their new direction in an interview - that's what autobiographies are for!

The first article I read on Forever back then stated that Tim was producer in name only, he had no input into the finished film.  He mentioned duality.  They didn't get it.

See, the things that you are posting now is all known by us. Or most of us.lol But the other details you are throwing in there are just completely wrong. Watch the Cinematic Saga documentaries on the SE DVDs. The information is stated in there by many people. Seriuosly, being a Tim Burton fan doesnt mean that you know the behind the scenes or production happenings of a certain movie, which obviously you dont. You have fact mixed in with youre own fiction. As I said, if you have any proof of the info that you are stating here concerning the reasons Keaton left and Burtons big involvment, by all means, share it. Thats what this site is for.

Fri, 18 Jan 2008, 16:38 #18 Last Edit: Fri, 18 Jan 2008, 16:47 by Gotham Knight
Sorry to call you out Keaton Fan #1, but I feel you've got a few things wrong

First of all Tim was still very much interested in doing a third film. Actually, he was actually at first trying to do a Catwoman spinoff with Daniel Waters. When WB passed, he began scripting a third Batman film in which he intended to include her character again. Rumors suggested that either a sadistic Riddler or Two face would join her in his third and probably final film.  Of course we know how he was brushed off the project.

Secondly, Burton hated Forever and Batman and Robin.

I thought I was very passively disagreeing :o What the Deuce?! :)