Lets fix Forever...lets make a fanedit (of sorts)

Started by eledoremassis02, Sun, 20 Mar 2022, 22:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 27 Mar  2022, 15:04
Quote from: BatmanFurst on Sat, 26 Mar  2022, 22:20
-There's two more things I forgot. Make the passage in time clear. Edward Nygma steals enough money to start Nygmatech and in the next scene Nygmatech is more successful than Wayne Enterprises and the box is the hot new item across the country. They say in the film that there's hardly a home without the Nygmatech box. I'm going to be generous and say that this entire process must've taken a month or two, but in the film it's portrayed like it's only been a couple of days.
Most products need more of a budget for marketing than the designing and construction phase. I'm not sure how long it takes NygmaTech to become successful in the timeframe of the film. But conceptually I think the general concept is believable in the sense Nygma has technology like nothing else humanity has ever seen before. It's not just revolutionary to visual entertainment but extremely addictive to the user. Something like that spreads like a wildfire and rakes in an untold fortune of free promotion.

Computers were around, but BF was released in a time when television was still the biggest technological drug. When the internet became faster and more readily available on devices like mobile phones the world changed forever. Behavior and thinking changed. People jumped down that rabbit hole very quickly and they have remained there ever since. And it's where they will stay. If you give a young child an iPad they will sit there transfixed for hours because it's instant gratification. For them, nothing else will compare to that experience. Reading a book or drawing pictures is now dead boring - and it's hard to go back. Which I find dangerous for their development of creativity and family/friend engagement. I'd keep devices away from them for as long as I could.

Through the example of The Box, BF understood the power and potential for technology to corrupt humanity.
Conceptually I have no issue with it. I'm more saying that it would've been nice to know how much time has passed.

While people are discussing how they would've made BF, UK TV personality Jonathan Ross still thinks it doesn't need any fixing.

Quote from: Jonathan Ross

Stand by it

https://www.twitter.com/wossy/status/1544372077725106178
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei