Batman89 25th Anniversary Edition DVD/Blu-Ray

Started by The Dark Knight, Thu, 27 Mar 2014, 13:35

Previous topic - Next topic
As part of the 75th Anniversary celebration of Batman,
Quotea 25th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton's Batman feature film will be released in the fall.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116523

I hope this one includes deleted scenes, etc.

I think this will likely be another repackaging that tries to sweeten the deal with another side by side offer, like an art book, a special comic reprinting of detective comics, etc, not unlike the Twentieth ann. release. Which isn't surprising. They swung from fences on the 2005 release.

Of course, as mentioned above, deleted scenes and other never before seen material would be a much appreciated upgrade. After 25 years, I'd say something like that would jarringly awesome.

I held out from getting the blu ray in hopes that they would release a 25th anniversary, now I'm glad I did!

If this is just another repackaging of the same old stuff, I really don't see the point at all.

For a re-release to be warranted it needs something new to offer. New audio commentaries, deleted scenes, etc.

I'm afraid guys this will be nothing more than a repackaged effort. The story of the film's production has already been told to death rather excellently on the 2005 disc. Back then I thought that dvd was the greatest thing since sliced bread and I've watched it I don't know how many times since.

The only possible brand new thing they could do is allow Michael Keaton and/or Jack Nicholson to provide a commentary track. That would be most excellent but it'll never happen.

Or they could include cut interview segments from the original 2005 documentaries as what turned up on things such as the Alien Anthology Blu Ray (in which a whole heap of stuff, mostly from Alien3, from their own 2003 documentaries series was finally shown in it's entirity). Judging from extra interview outtakes with Tim Burton (glimpsed on the recent documentary "The Batmobile") there is some stuff that wasn't included out there...

I would like BR, BF , and B&R to be focus on as well.  Maybe  a new transfer, audio, etc.  for the four old films and a extended cut of BF.

Quote from: gotham22 on Fri, 28 Mar  2014, 03:52
I would like BR, BF , and B&R to be focus on as well.  Maybe  a new transfer, audio, etc.  for the four old films and a extended cut of BF.
A new Blu-ray transfer would have to be something truly stunning. I think they got the most out of B89.

I would love to imagine that WB will put some effort into a re-release this time, simply because they're announcing and pointing it out as one of the 75th anniversary celebratory aspects, but I'm prepared to find it as just another repackaging.

But I'll still buy it. I have decided that the only thing I'll collect is every major home video iteration of B89. VHS, Laserdisc, Snapper Case DVD, Keepcase DVD, SE DVD, BD, Steelbook BD, 20th Anniversary BD and Digital Copy Disc. So one more major version would be awesome.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Fri, 28 Mar 2014, 05:40 #8 Last Edit: Fri, 28 Mar 2014, 14:37 by johnnygobbs
I'd love to see deleted and on-set footage, interviews, cast and crew commentaries and so on.

But most of all I'd love to see a new book looking back on Batman's cinematic legacy and treating each film in comprehensive detail.  I'm sure there would be a huge market for such a book if it covered the Burton, Schumacher, Nolan and animated films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Although this may be another repackaging of the 20th Anniversary dvd/bluray release.  I still wish they would include the following:

20/20 Batman's Back Summer 89 Segment

The Making of a Hero Documentary

New Audio Commentaries with Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, and Kim Basinger

Isolated Score Track by Danny Elfman

New Audio Commentary with Danny Elfman

Deleted Scenes

New Featurettes and Interviews

Also,  I really want the Bluray cover box art to go back to the original Anton Furst Bat Logo.  The color of the box should be all in black with just that iconic emblem coming out.  Instead of that ugly bat logo cover art we got for the 20th anniversary.

Another thing I wish Warner Bros. would release is a Tim Burton Batman Duology box set that features both Batman and Batman Returns with all the special features.  The purpose of this box set is to show the public that  Burton's Batman films are not to be affiliated or associated with Schumacher's.  The same consideration should be applied for Schumacher films which should not be affiliated or associated with Tim Burton.

Again all of this is just wishful thinking, but you never know what the future might bring.