Batman89 25th Anniversary Edition DVD/Blu-Ray

Started by The Dark Knight, Thu, 27 Mar 2014, 13:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: THE BAT-MAN on Fri, 28 Mar  2014, 13:26
Isolated Score Track by Danny Elfman
Oh yes, good call. I'm trying to think of ways to get the absolute most out of a new release, and this is one of them.

Anton's Bat logo has been done-to-death, though. I'd like a real poster for the film from Drew Struzan, myself. Just for commemoration's sake.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Fri, 28 Mar  2014, 16:51
Anton's Bat logo has been done-to-death, though. I'd like a real poster for the film from Drew Struzan, myself. Just for commemoration's sake.
I'd love Struzan to do all four of the Burton-Schumacher films, incorporating as many characters and moments form the film as his composition would allow.  That would be absolutely brilliant.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Really hoping for deleted scenes, and restored ones at that. I loved the missing BF footage but cleaning those scenes up would've been a nice gesture for the fans.

Sun, 30 Mar 2014, 03:14 #15 Last Edit: Sun, 30 Mar 2014, 13:52 by THE BAT-MAN
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Fri, 28 Mar  2014, 16:51

True.  However, I still feel that Anton's Bat logo is the most iconic.  What would be really cool is if they made a hologram case cover.  Which featured real poster art from the film and then on the flip side it turns into Anton's iconic Bat Logo (a la Superman Ultimate Collectors Edition dvd set hologram case)

I say new poster for the front... Anton's one-sheet logo for the slipcover. :)
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Aside from stuff mentioned a lot above, I want the alternate PARTYMAN video with the exploding cigar. And the Joker commercial like the "We're ready to believe you" Ghostbusters commercial was released a few years back. And a still photo gallery.

I'd love something similar to what Warner have done with their anniversary editions of Gone with the Wind, Casablanca and other similar titles: a massive collector's edition with all sorts of bits and bobs. They could have a coffee table-style booklet, prop replicas, the soundtrack/both soundtracks (Elfman and Prince), a reproduction of the original poster... the possibilities are endless.

I put together this:

Even the greatest masterpiece has its flaws.

I'd die for that. Seriously.