Dark Shadows

Started by The Dark Knight, Fri, 16 Mar 2012, 02:44

Previous topic - Next topic
The trailer has hit and I am very impressed.

This seems like it could be a Tim Burton classic. It has all the right ingredients you'd expect from him.

Yes, it's the perfect blend of the gothic and the kitsch, horror and comedy, like so many of his best films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

It looks good. Depp doesn't appear to be too irritating. However the plot doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before...I'm thinking Casper meets Addams Family meets Beetlejuice.

I got an Edward Scissorhands vibe as well, with the strange outsider type Depp trying to adjust to a new world's way of living.

Tue, 22 May 2012, 08:18 #4 Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2012, 08:28 by The Dark Knight
I saw the movie. LOVED it.

If you are a Burton fan you must see it. One of his best.

I loved the humour - very much up my alley.

BTW: I noticed BR similarities in it.

Personally I was disappointed. The humor was great but the story meandered all over the place, which is definitely an aspect of the Soap, but I didn't think it worked. I also felt Michelle was wasted. To me it felt as though Tim is starting to try and imitate himself instead of really creating something unique like he used to do. My two cents anyway.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Not very familiar with the television series (though I have read up on it), but overall I thought it was pretty decent.

Depp made for a entertaining Barnabas, Eva Green was deliciously evil as Angelique, and it was nice seeing Michelle back under Burton's direction.

Also, the soundtrack was great.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I enjoyed the movie more than most. It really spoke to me in a big way. I feel like writing a review about it.

If the music is any indication, I know I'm gonna love it

i saw it twice. good stuff, though it doesn't always juggle it's characters effectively. bought the score. Elfman, at least for this score, seems to have shaken himself out of apathy and given it a good showing.