The Dark Knight Rises

Started by The Dark Knight, Wed, 27 Oct 2010, 14:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 27 Oct 2010, 14:45 Last Edit: Wed, 27 Oct 2010, 14:48 by The Dark Knight
That is the official title of Batman 3.

Seriously....that absolutely SUCKS.

Clunky as all hell. It's more like a sentence.

I would've preferred something totally different sounding, like comparing BB to TDK.

But seriously....that's the best they could do?! Just add rises to the end of the old title?!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 Oct  2010, 14:45
That is the official title of Batman 3.

Seriously....that absolutely SUCKS.

Clunky as all hell. It's more like a sentence.

I would've preferred something totally different sounding, like comparing BB to TDK.

But seriously....that's the best they could do?! Just add rises to the end of the old title?!

To be fair, Batman Begins was hardly a great title either and also sounds a bit clunky.  I can't really see what other alternatives the filmmakers could have picked.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

The Dark Knight Rises makes Batman Begins look outstanding.

Worst Batman film title ever.

Guess The Dark Knight Returns is off the table cause The Dark Knight Rises is a pretty shoddy title. Even Batman Triumphant sounds better.

And no Riddler either? That's interesting.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 27 Oct  2010, 16:12
The Dark Knight Rises is a pretty shoddy title. Even Batman Triumphant sounds better.
Agreed. This title makes it sound more like Dark Knight 2 rather than Batman 3. If that makes sense. As if they're trying to ride on the box office name.

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 27 Oct  2010, 16:12
And no Riddler either? That's interesting.

If that means Black Mask instead I'm cool with the news.  Also, and I may be in the minority here, but I think The Riddler would be a step down after The Joker.

I do hope there will be room for a new Catwoman though!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 Oct  2010, 16:17
This title makes it sound more like Dark Knight 2 rather than Batman 3. If that makes sense. As if they're trying to ride on the box office name.
Just on this, it's like this title has effectively resigned B3 to being The Dark Knight's appendage rather than a film of its own. Like TDK and TDKR are Part 1 and Part 2 of the same story, and Batman Begins is something separate. The titles don't make it feel like a trilogy.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 Oct  2010, 16:17
Agreed. This title makes it sound more like Dark Knight 2 rather than Batman 3. If that makes sense. As if they're trying to ride on the box office name.

True. Guess we already know the title for the inevitable reboot:

The Dark Knight Begins

;D

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 27 Oct  2010, 16:26
If that means Black Mask instead I'm cool with the news.  Also, and I may be in the minority here, but I think The Riddler would be a step down after The Joker.

I do hope there will be room for a new Catwoman though!

I've never been big on Black Mask, but I suppose he could work. I remember reading that Nolan/Goyer wanted to use a villain that had never been used before in a live action Batman movie, and the Black Mask fits ... though I would love to see Bane be redeemed, or even Hugo Strange (a great Golden Age Batman villain).

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

You know, I'm tired of being negative about Nolan's Batman all the time.

I don't like the title, but I'm sure the film will be somewhat decent. Probably.

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 27 Oct  2010, 16:54
I've never been big on Black Mask, but I suppose he could work. I remember reading that Nolan/Goyer wanted to use a villain that had never been used before in a live action Batman movie, and the Black Mask fits ... though I would love to see Bane be redeemed, or even Hugo Strange (a great Golden Age Batman villain).

I just think Black Mask could add a new element to the series, in this case someone from roughly the same privileged background as Bruce Wayne, who is evil.  It would be a change from the social misfits and ethnic gangsters who make up most of the villains in the other Nolan movies.