30th year

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 23 Jun 2018, 20:03

Previous topic - Next topic
Seeing as Batman is celebrating it's 29th birthday today, that means we're also beginning the 30th year of the movie. My question is, are we going to have any kind of celebrations or anything over the next calendar year as we move up to its 30th birthday? I admit to having like no energy for anything like that right now, but at the same time, if something came along, it might spark that energy, so I'm interested in what others think. Should we have some fun with it? I'll post this at the BMO Facebook too, see if anyone has some ideas.

106 views, 0 replies. I will take that as a resounding "No."

I was waiting to see what Paul said.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 23 Jun  2018, 20:03
Seeing as Batman is celebrating it's 29th birthday today, that means we're also beginning the 30th year of the movie. My question is, are we going to have any kind of celebrations or anything over the next calendar year as we move up to its 30th birthday? I admit to having like no energy for anything like that right now, but at the same time, if something came along, it might spark that energy, so I'm interested in what others think. Should we have some fun with it? I'll post this at the BMO Facebook too, see if anyone has some ideas.
Do you think we get some interviews with the cast Catwoman?

Who is still around that would be willing to be interviewed?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

We discussed ideas for site features to commemorate Batman Returns' 25th anniversary on the staff boards last year, but in the end we were all too busy to do anything about it. There's been no talk about Batman 89's anniversary so far, but there might be nearer the time. Next year is also the 80th anniversary of the comic book Batman, so we should probably have a feature or two to mark that occasion.

In the meantime, I've written a site feature for the 10th anniversary of The Dark Knight which should be posted any day now.

That should be interesting. And I understand about y'all being busy. Life gets in the way of so much.

Ooo, a super secret staff board. BMO's very own conference hall. I wonder how many times the subject of "Can we ban that bitch" has been brought up in the last nine plus years.

I found a collection of media coverage when B89 first came out.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Here's another good piece of news coverage when B89 got released on VHS - while it was still running in theatres!

It must have been awesome for the spectators seeing how they were treated for a show at the VHS release party. That sort of hype doesn't exist nowadays.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It's my 30th Birthday in March, too. Not feeling good about it. In ten years I'll be 40. I can't wrap my head around that.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri, 25 Jan  2019, 12:47
Here's another good piece of news coverage when B89 got released on VHS - while it was still running in theatres!

I remember that happening quite a bite during this era. You could walk into the dollar theater to see Jurassic Park and The Fugitive on the days they were released on video. Back then, it was about staying power, not just opening weekends.