the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 12 Mar 2014, 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 14:19For the record Seal originally wrote and recorded Kiss from a Rose like four years before Forever came out. It got rereleased the year before it came out and got kind of popular, then ended up on the soundtrack and got super popular.
Yes indeed, I've heard that too. To me it proves my point even more because it was one of the major singles from the soundtrack. Whether Seal intended it or not, it fits BF perfectly.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 09:02
I agree. The song isn't about Batman, it's about fame. But I still think The Edge really created a killer 'Batman' vibe for my money. There's also a similar atmosphere going on with their song 'Gone', which features on their underrated album Pop.
Had 'Pop' almost on a loop for the past couple days.

"Gone" is an amazing song. But you rightly call 'Pop' an underrated album. People make it fun of it these days. But I think it's a great album and I'm shocked by how well the electronic elements hold up all these years later. Great song, great album.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 14 Feb  2022, 14:55
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 09:02
I agree. The song isn't about Batman, it's about fame. But I still think The Edge really created a killer 'Batman' vibe for my money. There's also a similar atmosphere going on with their song 'Gone', which features on their underrated album Pop.
Had 'Pop' almost on a loop for the past couple days.

"Gone" is an amazing song. But you rightly call 'Pop' an underrated album. People make it fun of it these days. But I think it's a great album and I'm shocked by how well the electronic elements hold up all these years later. Great song, great album.
I'm aware of what Bono is like, but I've always been a U2 fan. I just really dig their atmospheres. Nobody really does what they do, and when you look at their track record they've been remarkably consistent. I still like Pop, and Zooropa is another underrated masterpiece that should be listened to. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) is not just my favorite song by U2, but one of my favorite songs of all time. The melancholic atmosphere on that one is unbelievable.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 14 Feb  2022, 15:26
I'm aware of what Bono is like, but I've always been a U2 fan. I just really dig their atmospheres. Nobody really does what they do, and when you look at their track record they've been remarkably consistent. I still like Pop, and Zooropa is another underrated masterpiece that should be listened to. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) is not just my favorite song by U2, but one of my favorite songs of all time. The melancholic atmosphere on that one is unbelievable.
I like your comment about their consistency. And it's true. It's the rare U2 song that I skip. But when I do, it's usually because it's a gigantic hit single and I'm sort of burnt out on it. I don't need to hear "One" again. But that's arguably not the band's fault.

Zooropa, what an album! The first time I paid attention to "The Wanderer", I assumed that it was a song written by Johnny Cash that for whatever reason wound up on a U2 album. It was stunning to realize that Bono wrote an almost perfect Johnny Cash song, which is why Cash sang it.

Strange that Zooropa has become the U2 album that time forgot. What a strange fate. In fact, U2 seem to be embarrassed by a lot of their Nineties output. You get the idea sometimes that they wish the band could've gone from the Eighties straight to the 2000's.