"I'm Batman"- Who said it best?

Started by BatmAngelus, Sat, 27 Jul 2013, 16:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Found this video and thought I'd share:

I hadn't realized how similar Kilmer's sounded to Keaton's.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Good find. I've never seen that video before. Kilmer's delivery sounds pretty good there. And Bale's delivery of the line sounds better in that video than it does in the actual film. I wonder if the person who edited it somehow reduced the electronic distortion to his voice.

I wish they could have included the How-It-Should-Have-Ended Batman though.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 27 Jul  2013, 18:29
Good find. I've never seen that video before. Kilmer's delivery sounds pretty good there. And Bale's delivery of the line sounds better in that video than it does in the actual film. I wonder if the person who edited it somehow reduced the electronic distortion to his voice.

To be fair, when I first saw BB I didn't think Bale sounded all that different to Keaton when he said that line. Unfortunately, it was his delivery for everything he would say afterwards that made him unbearable and embarrassing to watch.  :(
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Kilmers' "I'm Batman" is actually fantastic when you listen to it like that.

Keaton is still the boss, though.