How much does it take to become ...BATMAN???

Started by Batman999, Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 08:35

Previous topic - Next topic
I love Batman! He is the only superhero that someone could actually be. You can't be superman he is from another planet, you can't become spiderman no matter what spider bites you, you can't become aquaman because humans can't breathe underwater. But, with enough training and money you can be batman. How much money and time do you think it takes to be Batman?

MONEY? TRAINING?

Quote from: Batman999 on Sat, 30 Mar  2013, 08:35I love Batman! He is the only superhero that someone could actually be. You can't be superman he is from another planet, you can't become spiderman no matter what spider bites you, you can't become aquaman because humans can't breathe underwater. But, with enough training and money you can be batman. How much money and time do you think it takes to be Batman?

MONEY? TRAINING?
Olympic-level athletic aptitude, off-the-scale IQ, training from real masters of various martial arts, access to unreleased goodies from a tech company, a Q within that same tech company who can make new goodies for you, at least one high ranking cop who's willing to look the other way as you violate the law and any perp's civil liberties, at least one high ranking DA or ADA who not only won't prosecute you but will assist you in that endeavor, crooks with the worst aim in history, a mansion located in a remote area sitting on top of a ginormous cave and, oh yeah, hundreds of millions of dollars.

But aside from that stuff, yeah, you can be Batman.

Don't forget the 10 lifetimes it would take to learn everything Batman knows....

Batman is Batman and nobody is going to come close to matching him. And plus the fact he's fictional. But you can nail anyone down and retain their spirit if you know how they think. The whole WWBD? movement. Nobody can be Batman as he appears in the material. But they can have him at the back of their mind and implement little pieces here and there.

LOL- i love the first answer. that was the type of excrutiatingly detailed answer i was looking for.

Actually The Punisher is much more possible. Unless you want to argue he's not a superhero.

Quote from: NaNaNaNaBatman on Mon, 29 Apr  2013, 01:23
Actually The Punisher is much more possible. Unless you want to argue he's not a superhero.
Unfortunately, this is the truth. It's happening in our society on a more regular basis. It's called terrorism. Cowards with guns.

With all respect, someone trying to imitate the Punisher (i.e. going after and killing armed mobsters) would certainly be a criminal, but not a coward or a terrorist.

Mon, 29 Apr 2013, 22:29 #8 Last Edit: Tue, 30 Apr 2013, 05:08 by thecolorsblend
Reminds me of a story. Years ago, I heard about some Nation of Islam dude who firebombed a crack house to the ground... with the establishment's proprietors still inside. Naturally he went on trial for charges entirely too numerous to list here but let's face it you were always going to have a hard time finding a jury to convict someone like that. "Some fundie took some druglords out of the picture? What's the problem exactly?"

In the end, I think he was found not guilty of everything except something like reckless endangerment or some such, was put on probation and basically slapped on the wrist.

Murder is murder. I believe in judgment; if not in this life, most assuredly in the life to come. Law is law. I believe in proper authorities; many cops may be complete @$$holes but we need them.

But at least some crack-dealing scumbags got what they had coming to them, yes?

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Mon, 29 Apr  2013, 13:39
With all respect, someone trying to imitate the Punisher (i.e. going after and killing armed mobsters) would certainly be a criminal, but not a coward or a terrorist.
To be clear, I am referring to people killing innocent people in the vein of the cinema shootings - not The Punisher killing armed mobsters. That I have zero problem with.