Justice League: War (2014)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Mon, 28 Oct 2013, 16:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Adapted from the Justice League 'Origin' storyline by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee, this is the first DC animated movie to be based on a New 52 comic. IGN's got the trailer:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/justice-league-war-trailer-debut

Terra Nova star Jason O'Mara will be voicing Batman.

Mon, 3 Feb 2014, 05:55 #1 Last Edit: Mon, 3 Feb 2014, 05:59 by The Laughing Fish
I saw this recently. As a movie, I'd say it's a dumb popcorn movie that can be only enjoyed if you turn your brain off completely. It takes place when Darkseid is preparing Parademons to take over the world, while all the superheroes reluctantly join forces to fight the threat. The superheroes are seen by the rest of the world as untrustworthy and are blamed for causing collateral damage.

With the exception of Batman, the characters in this movie might put off a lot of purists. Green Lantern is kind of a "take-no-BS" guy who can't stand Batman, Batman himself is still the brains out of all the heroes, Superman on the other hand is a reckless meathead who destroys anything that comes near his way, Wonder Woman is naive and a bit of an airhead, while Flash is just there for the sake of being there.

Only thing that comes close to any character development is Victor Stone becoming Cyborg during the Parademons invasion of Earth. He has a falling out with his father at STAR Labs after arguing that Silas Stone believes his research in superhumans is more important than his son's college football career. Billy Batson, aka Shazam, is Victor Stone's idol and the two work together while fighting along with the other heroes.

Favourite scene in the movie would have to be Wonder Woman using her Lasso of Truth to force a heckler to reveal that he cross-dresses in a Wonder Woman outfit.  :D

Final summary, the film's okay - it's better than The Flashpoint Paradox, but I'd prefer Doom and Crisis on Two Earths.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: if you hate seeing the Justice League killing under any circumstances, then this movie is not for you. It is a war they're fighting, after all.  ::)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei