Zootopia

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 3 Jan 2016, 14:38

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm pretty sure I'm going to adore this movie. In fact I already do just from the trailers!

I feel the same way about another Disney project from the trailer alone that's creeping in, Batman Forever '95 style, under the radar in the wake of the silly Star Wars madness. Can't wait for Jon Favreau's The Jungle Book this April, a live action translation of the 1967 animated film in the same vein as Maleficent and Cinderella. When you have Dr Peter Venkman, Bill Murray, cast in the role of Baloo...and then also have him singing "The Bare Necessities" I'm afraid a mere Star Wars movie is just another case of "same old, same old" for me lol

Favreau of course had a brief walk on role as Bruce Wayne's aide in Batman Forever but the upcoming movie has another connection to the Dark Knight, Christopher Walken. Max Shreck is voicing (unbelievably) King Louie. Have no idea how he will play the comically, jazzy dude but it's easily another major iconic role for Walken to add to his C.V. There are also very strong rumors suggesting that he's even going to be performing the classic tune "I Wanna Be Like You" in a crazy duet with Murray. That will be hilarious and glorious. But Scarlett Johansson is playing my favorite character and I think she's getting her own opportunity to perform another of the original film's famous tunes. Should be quite a cinematic experience (and a heck of a soundtrack).

This was adorable. Preachy, but adorable.