i never even told you

Started by Catwoman, Thu, 6 Feb 2014, 21:28

Previous topic - Next topic
perfect song for the end credits because of the relationship between bruce and andrea. it was beautiful. i wish i could find a karaoke track for it. did any of you silly boys like it?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Jul  2013, 12:09
On the topic of Batman songs – I've got to mention 'I Never Even Told You' from MOTP.

If you listened to it without having seen the film, you'd probably write it off as a soppy, random number. But this song is sensational and really effectively placed at the end credits.

If you watch the film, you see Bruce happy with Andrea. She comes in and out of his life. And ultimately she's why he becomes Batman. And at the end, it's well and truly over. With all of that feeling and vibe under your belt, this song packs a punch. It's melancholy, introspective and doomed.

It works, and is often overlooked.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu,  6 Feb  2014, 21:28
perfect song for the end credits because of the relationship between bruce and andrea. it was beautiful. i wish i could find a karaoke track for it. did any of you silly boys like it?

Yes darling, some of us "silly boys" do happen to like this track lol And when you discover it was sung by the babe outta "Wayne's World" and "True Lies" it becomes even more cooler. Always loved the easy going saxophone notes threaded throughout the track. It's very "1990's" if you catch my drift.

As a matter of fact the song reminds me very much of the end credits of a lot of nineties Disney pictures in which you have the main theme song performed, ballard style, by the pop singer/group of the day for added commercial sugarey. They all got up to it through that decade lol

On another note giving the animated series an actual "song" helps make it all very cinematic feeling.

Was listening to this for the first time in a while and was VERY moved by it. Thought I should share it here.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 12 Sep  2018, 06:13
Was listening to this for the first time in a while and was VERY moved by it. Thought I should share it here.

Sometimes I think romantic ballads in Batman films were synonymous with each other from 1989 to 1995.

I never understood why Scandalous doesn't sound as good as it does in the closing credits of B89. In contrast, the sound mixing for the Tia Carrere song is exactly the same in MOTP.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It's possible that the version used in the credits is a mixed created specifically for the movie outside of Prince's control. I think I read somewhere that Madonna provided the basic tracks for some song or another for use in a movie's credits and she was astonished by how different the movie's mixed version sounded compared to hers.

Don't remember the song or the movie but my point is that things like that happen sometimes.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 20 Jul  2020, 14:10
It's possible that the version used in the credits is a mixed created specifically for the movie outside of Prince's control.

Most people probably already knows this, but the version of Scandalous featured on the movie's end credits contains a subtle reference to Neal Hefti's theme tune from the 1966 TV show. This seldom gets mentioned in trivia articles, but it's right at the end, just before the final cry of "Scandalous!" At the 3:41 mark:

This is absent from the album version.