MIB International Trailer 2

Started by Grissom, Thu, 25 Apr 2019, 20:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 25 Apr 2019, 20:31 Last Edit: Thu, 25 Apr 2019, 20:32 by Grissom
New trailer released, gotta say it looks good:

Look like absolute garbage. This trailer represents everything wrong with Harveywood today.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 27 Apr  2019, 01:12
Look like absolute garbage. This trailer represents everything wrong with Harveywood today.
I was originally planning to keep my mouth shut.

But yes, you are correct.

Why does the darkest of all knights make the above claim?

It's another continuation of a spent franchise that should be left to rest in piss. Original ideas are a rare thing these days, so existing properties are mined, with 'homages' galore. Creativity is being stunted.

The original MIB isn't going to be bettered. Move on, already. 

We also have an abundance of CGI that has zero wow factor and reinforces a bland, lazy feeling. This is turn off your brain, file it and forget it filler, no better than a video game. This isn't what cinema's soul should be about. But here they are, pumping it out. Overrated actors are being given lead roles and they just don't cut the mustard. Chris Hemsworth is headlining a MIB film we don't need and didn't ask for. The laughing, smiling 'hunk' act actually feels like an unnatural and forced construct, like a cheesy TV show. The script and the scenarios don't help him, either.

The whole men and women in black 'joke' also alludes to this gender obsession that rubs not just me the wrong way. Cinema is at the crossroads creatively. Pumping out a bland product that is going to be forgotten soon after it's released doesn't do the institution of cinema any favors. Cinema used to have a special feeling about it, but that has been eroded in recent times. It makes me appreciate the likes of the Eastrail 177 Trilogy all the more.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 27 Apr  2019, 16:19
Why does the darkest of all knights make the above claim?

It's another continuation of a spent franchise that should be left to rest in piss. Original ideas are a rare thing these days, so existing properties are mined, with 'homages' galore. Creativity is being stunted.

The original MIB isn't going to be bettered. Move on, already. 

We also have an abundance of CGI that has zero wow factor and reinforces a bland, lazy feeling. This is turn off your brain, file it and forget it filler, no better than a video game. This isn't what cinema's soul should be about. But here they are, pumping it out. Overrated actors are being given lead roles and they just don't cut the mustard. Chris Hemsworth is headlining a MIB film we don't need and didn't ask for. The laughing, smiling 'hunk' act actually feels like an unnatural and forced construct, like a cheesy TV show. The script and the scenarios don't help him, either.

The whole men and women in black 'joke' also alludes to this gender obsession that rubs not just me the wrong way. Cinema is at the crossroads creatively. Pumping out a bland product that is going to be forgotten soon after it's released doesn't do the institution of cinema any favors. Cinema used to have a special feeling about it, but that has been eroded in recent times. It makes me appreciate the likes of the Eastrail 177 Trilogy all the more.
You and I aren't seeing eye to eye on Joker. At least right now. But this very thing is a big reason why I'm giving Joker a shot. It's a low budget, from-the-heart affair that looks like it's going pretty far out of its way to be original. Maybe it'll be awesome and maybe it'll be horrible.

But I'll take a thousand risks like Joker any day over safe, bland, boring, meaningless pap like this MIB movie (and other cinema favorites going right now).

And yes, the Eastrail 177 trilogy is amazing.

Sun, 28 Apr 2019, 05:01 #5 Last Edit: Sun, 28 Apr 2019, 05:06 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 27 Apr  2019, 21:07
You and I aren't seeing eye to eye on Joker.
I think we are seeing eye to eye in terms of wanting more character driven dramas that push into uncomfortable areas and challenge an audience. My thoughts on Eastrail are known with that post I made in your thread. My recent posting on Joker has been largely commending the endeavor. I'm definitely not down on the project as I initially was. But this new MIB movie? Looney Toons re-runs are worth much more of my time.