1:1 M.Pfeiffer Catwoman bust UPDATE pg.5

Started by Reevz666, Sun, 12 Oct 2008, 15:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Reevz, how's the bust going? I'm dying to see it painted! ;D

the mold will be finished tomorrow and should have castings by this weekend

Sun, 24 May 2009, 19:16 #42 Last Edit: Sun, 24 May 2009, 20:30 by Reevz666
pulled a urethane cowl today and put it on the unmasked copy of the bust...the cowl is a little big as I didn't cast it too thick so there was lots of room in the back ...future castings will be thicker so that they fit better...didn't have enough resin to cast a bust of the "cowl" version, I'll post those once my resin order arrives...

here is what the cowl looks like being worn( thanks Trish! :up )

Looking good, Reeves! I'll have to dig out my Catwoman mask that I made years back & post pics.
Looking forward to seeing the completed bust!

I take it Trish is the better half?

Cowl looks great - i love the shine off it - is that urethane that gives that shine or is there a laquer finish? (excuse my ignorance of all things scuplting)

(Sorry for not posting earlier, Reevz) !

Reevz, the cowl looks... AMAZING! So amazing that I could see you making a sculpt of the costume to make it complete!

the results of any urethane rubber mask will depend on what type of finish I seal the original sculpt in( i.e. flat sealer = flat color, glossy sealer = glossy cowl ect.)...the rubber is tinted, poured and comes out nice and glossy .....and maybe down the road I'll get the whole complete suit done. ;)

You're a madman Reevz. That looks perfect  :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

(Should've responded earlier)

Quote from: Reevz666 on Sun, 24 May  2009, 22:33
the results of any urethane rubber mask will depend on what type of finish I seal the original sculpt in( i.e. flat sealer = flat color, glossy sealer = glossy cowl ect.)...the rubber is tinted, poured and comes out nice and glossy .....and maybe down the road I'll get the whole complete suit done. ;)

Cheers, man. The thought of you finishing the Catwoman suit makes me feel... excited! ;D