1:1 Nicholson Joker paint up pg.2

Started by Reevz666, Sun, 18 Nov 2007, 03:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 15 Jun 2008, 14:01 #20 Last Edit: Sun, 15 Jun 2008, 14:03 by Reevz666
Quote from: Batman on Sun, 15 Jun  2008, 13:07
A great sculpt combined with a great paintjob.
My only gripe is with the eyebrows. They are way too prominent, IMO. It's the skin/ muscles  underneath the eyebrows that's so characteristic.
Still, it's the best 1:1 Joker I have seen so far- next to the actual Make-Up Department headscasts from 1989, of course. ;)

thanks for the compliments!

I actually have two version of this sculpt..the one with the sculpted on hair and eyebrows, and the other is a bald and eyebrowless version that will be finished in silicone and have the hair and eyebrows punched in along with glass eyes and a set of acrylic dentures...that one will take some time as I want it as accurate as possible..this one that I have posted with the hair sculpted on was sort of a practice for when I do my final silicone piece....here's a few more shots...I posted them in the gallery section, but I' figured I put them here in the thread as well...

Sun, 15 Jun 2008, 18:32 #22 Last Edit: Sun, 15 Jun 2008, 18:34 by Batman
Did you paint on the white reflections in the eyes or did you add a shiny layer to give it that lively look?

I'm very excited to see the "Deluxe" Joker. :D

Quote from: Batman on Sun, 15 Jun  2008, 18:32
Did you paint on the white reflections in the eyes or did you add a shiny layer to give it that lively look?

I'm very excited to see the "Deluxe" Joker. :D

I panited a clear coat of epoxy over the finshed eyes to give them a "wet" look

thats amazing!!!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

That is really snazzy Reeves. You did a great job. How and where do you have them displayed at?

I actually have plans for making this a full lifesize display..I am working on having the costume made 1st..currently he's sitting on a shelf down in my shop next to my Beetlejuice and Lion-O busts ;}

Quote from: Reevz666 on Mon, 13 Oct  2008, 20:10
I actually have plans for making this a full lifesize display..I am working on having the costume made 1st..currently he's sitting on a shelf down in my shop next to my Beetlejuice and Lion-O busts ;}

I've got to see a pic of Lion-O. I loved Thundercats when I was a kid.