My new costume...finally! (Pic heavy)

Started by Rob the Goon, Mon, 18 May 2009, 00:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, it's almost 20 years since I, as a 13 yr old boy, made my first Batman costume. Back then, I had to make do with what materials I had to hand. Bin liners here, Dad's black shirt there...

So, to celebrate, a few months ago I decided to make an new, more screen acurate costume. Here it is...

The cape is the faux leather one I mentioned in a previous thread. It's great & looks the part. Excuse the chalk lines, they're going to be cleaned off soon. I got the cowl from a guy who had an artist make it for him.
The belt was from a place in Australia called Hell's Kitchen Costume & Creature shop. They do great customs! The emblem I made from an old mouse mat(!)
The gloves are the original official costume gloves from 89 & the chest is from the official Batman & Robin costume.
All I need to do now is the boots. I'll be sure to upload them when they're done.

Closer look at the Faux leather/Pleather cape.

and with my 92 Returns Morris costumes cowl...

Thanks for looking!  ;D

Very cool bro!! Just shave that beard and youre set!  8)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Quote from: Rob the Goon on Mon, 18 May  2009, 00:30
Well, it's almost 20 years since I, as a 13 yr old boy, made my first Batman costume. Back then, I had to make do with what materials I had to hand. Bin liners here, Dad's black shirt there...

Without a doubt, this is one of the best Keaton Batman suits made from household items I've ever seen (is that a garbage bag as the cape?). 8)

It sure is! Well several, actually, all taped together!  8)

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Great stuff Rob - ahh the old bin-liner days!  ;D

Looks great! A true Batman fan, I love it when we can display this kind of dedication.